New Ulm Police
• Responded to an harassment report at 3:24 p.m. Jan. 26 from a 30-year-old New Ulm woman who said she got a call from a 36-year-old New Ulm man from the Brown County Jail who was her ex-boyfriend which she said was a domestic abuse no contact order (DANCO) violation. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Received a vandalism report at 3:40 p.m. Jan. 26 regarding glass window damage at the New Ulm Public Utilities building. Damage appeared to have come from a projectile overnight. A damage estimate was not available. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a suspicious activity report at 11:11 p.m. Jan. 26 regarding a 21-year-old Lamberton male who drove into a snowbank at 1910 Payne St. S. Police said the man didn’t appear to be impaired but said his GPS said there was a road where he went. There was vehicle and property damage. An estimate was not available. A State of Minnesota Driver Evaluation Report was done.
• Stopped a 30-year-old New Ulm man for driving after license cancellation at 3rd St. N.. and Valley St. N. at 12:38 p.m. Jan. 27. The man was cited for driving after cancelation.
• Responded to a three-vehicle crash with injuries at 7th St. N. and Minnesota St. at 7:45 a.m. Jan. 26. A 2004 Chevy Suburban driven by Benjamin Matzke, 36, Winthrop, was westbound on 7th St. N. when he stopped to avoid a collision with an unknown vehicle, and collided with a 2017 Acura MDX driven by Shannon Frauenholtz, 47, New Ulm, who was behind Matzke. A 2015 Chevy Tahoe driven by Amanda Wendinger, 41, New Ulm, was westbound on 7th N. behind the Acura when it collided with it. Damage was minor to moderate to the Suburban, moderate to the rear-end and minor to the front end of the Acura and severe to the Tahoe. Wendinger sustained a small finger cut. Frauenholtz complained of minor knee pain and Wendinger had a cut lip.