Brown County Sheriff
• Received a scam/fraud report of online theft from a Linden Township resident at 5:02p.m. June 26 of a possible online identification and credit card theft. Attempts were made to steal money from the victim’s Amazon and bank accounts. Her bank account was frozen by the bank. A report was sent to a Brown County Sheriff’s Office investigator.
New Ulm Police
• Received a call at 9:09 p.m. June 25 from the Brown County Evaluation Center, 510 Front St. N. about a 32-year-old Chaska man who pulled a fire alarm and fled the building. The man was last seen wearing black sweat pants, a grey t-shirt and blue flip flops. A report was done for the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Stopped a vehicle for expired registration at 5th St. N. and Pfaender Dr. at 12:39 a.m. June 26. An 18-year-old Sleepy Eye boy driving a vehicle was cited for no driver’s license and driving after revocation. A 19-year-old Sleepy Eye male passenger was cited for a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession.
• Received a scam/fraud report at 10:39 a.m. June 26 from a 76-year-old New Ulm woman on Crestview Dr. who said she was asked to buy $200 in Google Play gift cards and send them to a relative. She was later asked to send $500 in gift cards to another relative and realized it was fraudulent. A report was forwarded to a police investigator.
• Received a driving complaint at 11:48 a.m. June 26 of a 35-year-old New Ulm man driving erratically at 1 Golf Dr. The man was transported to New Ulm Medical Center for a mental health evaluation. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.