New Ulm Police
• Received a two-vehicle crash report at 16th South and Broadway at 12:55 p.m. Thursday. A 2008 Dodge Caravan driven by Tiffany A. Lang, 23, New Ulm, was southbound on Broadway, approaching 16th South when it collided with a 2012 Jeep Compass driven by Jeffrey S. Andersen, 52, New Ulm, who was eastbound on 16th South. The Dodge continued across the median and hit a lane delineator. A passenger, Shanna L. Christensen, 23, had a posible neck injury. Both vehicles had disabling damage.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report at 6:59 a.m. Thursday at 12th North and Minnesota Streets. A 2010 Ford F150 driven by Colton Braulick, 19, New Ulm, collided with a 2004 GMC Yukon driven by Andrew Miller, 33, New Ulm. Braulick was westbound on 12th North and Miller was northbound on N. Minnesota Street and did not stop for the stop sign.Miller complained of light knee pain but refused medical treatment. Both drivers wore seat belts. Damage was moderate to the driver’s side of the Ford and moderate to the front end of the GMC.
• Police took a report of a scam Wednesday. An individual claiming to represents Social Security called a New Ulm resident falsely reporting their Social Security number was compromised and requested money from the individual. The individual provided the scammer with $12,000 in gift card numbers.
New Ulm Police said at no time would the police or sheriff’s office demand payment in the form of gift cards. Social Security does not take payment in this matter. Social Security will:
*Not call and demand immediate payment.
*Not demand payment of debt without the ability to appeal
*Not not require a specific means of payment, such as prepaid debit card.
*Not ask for personal information over the phone.
*Not threaten arrest or deportation.
• A vehicle was reported stolen at 2:07 a.m. Thursday from the 1300 block of North Jefferson. The vehicle was a maroon 2004 Volvo. After behind stolen, the vehicle struck a community mailbox. Police removed the vehicle at 10:15 a.m., and a 16-year-old juvenile is in custody for the theft.
• A pop-camper trailer was stolen between Friday, Nov. 1, and Monday, Nov. 4, from the 400 block of North Front Street. The owner had parked the camper behind a business on Front Street.
The camper is described as a 1999 Fostran Trailduster pop-up style camper valued at $2,000.
• Received a report of a two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 14 west of Brown County Road 10, Home Township, Brown County, at 9:47 p.m. Wednesday. A 2009 Ford Fusion driven by Jose G. Salazar, 20, San Juan, Texas, was westbound on Highway 14, slowed for a deer on the road and was rear-ended by a 2000 Ford Ranger driven by Richard L. Turbes, 60, Springfield. A passenger in the Fusion, Samantha I. Olvera, 18, Sleepy Eye, had non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Sleepy Eye Medical Center.