• Two people sustained non-life threatening injuries in an accident at Highway 7 at Omega Avenue east of Hutchinson at 4:52 p.m. Monday.
The vehicles involved were a 2015 Chevy Silverado driven by Todd Michael Konen, 50, of Silver Lake, and a 2006 Ford F150 driven by Tamika Ann Krueger, 19, of Silver Lake.
The Ford F150 was facing east on Highway 7, stopped waiting to turn north on Omega Avenue. The Chevy Silverado was also travelling east bound on Highway 7 when they collided. The road was wet.
The McLeod County Sheriff’s Office and Hutchinson Fire and Police assisted the State Patrol.
New Ulm Police
• A two vehicle accident occurred 1:50 p.m. Monday at Highway 14 and Highland Avenue. Brianna Judith Deidemann, 16, of Morgan, was traveling north on Highway 14 in a 2000 Olds Alero approaching Highland. A 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by John Allen Arsers, 93, of New Ulm was traveling east on Highland attempting to cross Highway 14. Arsers stated he did not see Deidemann as he entered the intersection. Both vehicles sustained front-end damage. Arsers received minor injuries.
• Arrested a 22-year-old New Ulm man on charge of driving while intoxicated at Jefferson Street South and 10th Street South at 2:53 p.m. Sunday. The man was transported to Brown County Evaluation Center for detox.
• Received a report of an alleged scam at 1108 6th St. N. at 11:32 p.m. Sunday. A New Ulm man received a check for $4,985 and attempted to cash the check at a bank. The bank informed the man it was counterfeit. The man then received harassing phone calls from the alleged scammer.
• Received a report of an alleged scam incident at 8:15 a.m. Monday. A New Ulm man received a friend request on Facebook from a woman who requested unclothed photos from the man. The man sent unclothed photos with his face included and the woman then requested $550 and threatened to send the unclothed photos to the man’s family and acquaintances via social media.
• At 12:05 p.m. Monday, Sibley County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call of a vehicle on fire. Benjamin Westphalen, 16, of Arlington, was driving west on Highway 5 in a 2012 Kia Optima. Benjamin was approximately three miles west of Arlington and the vehicle started smoking. He pulled over and the vehicle started on fire. The Arlington Fire Department arrived and put out the fire. No injuries were reported.