New Ulm Police
• Received an Harassment Restraining Order (HRO violation complaint at 8:32 p.m. at 100 Minnesota St. S. A report will be sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• Received a property damage report at 817 8th St. N. at 8:31 a.m. Saturday. A resident reported damage to a garage. Residents exchanged insurance information.
• Received a vandalism report at 1303 Southridge Rd. at 9:21 a.m. Saturday. A resident reported a broken rear window in a vehicle overnight. A damage estimate was not available.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report in slushy conditions at 20th South and Bridge St. at 9:35 a.m. Friday. A 2015 Nissan Rogue driven by Gerald Meinert, 79, Sleepy Eye, exited the Hy-Vee Foods parking lot and drove into the inside lane before stopping to make an illegal u-turn around the barriers and was rear-ended by a 2007 International semi driven by Donald Murphy Jr., 56, Atlantic, Iowa, who as eastbound. Both drivers wore seat belts and were not injured. Damage was moderate to the Nissan. The semi was not damaged.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report at 12th South Street and Minnesota in slush and snow at 8:19 a.m. Saturday. A 2017 Chevy Silverado driven by Samuel Jacobs, 48, New Ulm, was stopped at the corner of Minnesota and 12th South, was unable to see other vehicles approaching due to snow, slowly entered the intersection and was hit by a 2006 Pontiac driven by Megan Rehbein, 22, Foley. Damage was moderate to both vehicles. Both drivers wore seat belts and were not injured.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Received a disturbance complaint at Meadowview Apartments, 301 5th Ave. S.E. at 1:47 a.m. Saturday. A citation was issued. Nobody was arrested and there was no damage.
• Received a disturbance complaint at 601 Walnut St. W. at 11:45 p.m. Friday. A 34-year-old Springfield man appeared to be intoxicated and refused to take a Preliminary Breath Test. He was taken to detox in New Ulm, then to the Brown County Jail.