Sleepy Eye Elementary has 10 isolated for COVID
3 staff, 7 students
SLEEPY EYE – Sleepy Eye Public School Supt. John Cselovszki told the school board Wednesday that the elementary school has three staff and seven students in COVID-19 isolation.
“We did testing all day Monday,” Cselovszki said. “The high school has nobody in isolation. We’ve done 120 (COVID-19) tests on students and staff with symptoms so far this school year.”
The board unanimously approved, motion by Joleen Dittbenner, second by Casey Coulson:
* Requests to open enroll four students in from Gibbon Fairfax Winthrop (GFW) Schools and one out to Comfrey.
* A $2,000 activities director stipend raise this school year, from $5,400 to $7,400.
* A community education director agreement for 2% annual raises through the 2023 school year.
* A PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports fundraising request to sell ice cream and t-shirts.
* Donations including Charities Aid Foundation $19.41 to the elementary fundraiser account and $19.41 to the high school incentive fund; and $500 from Ingstad Broadcasting to the athletic department.
(Fritz Busch can be emailed at fbusch@