Brown County burning ban until further notice
BROWN COUNTY — Effective Friday June 18, 2021 at 12 p.m. until further notice, the Brown County Sheriff’s Office and fire chiefs have issued BURNING RESTRICTIONS for all of Brown County.
No open burning of CRP land and/or ditchers or brush piles is permitted.
Recreational camp fires are permitted. Recreational camp fires must be contained in a ring of either rock, cement, brick or metal, must not be closer than 25 feet to any structure and be attended to. Charcoal grills, wood smokers, and propane or natural gas devices are not considered open burning.
Per the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources:
• The entire state of Minnesota is abnormally dry and 46 percent of the state is affected by moderate drought;
• Humidity levels have dropped below 20-30%;
• Wind gusts in the Brown County area are expected up to 25 MPH;
• Weather conditions have contributed to significant drying of grasslands resulting in fuel conditions conducive to wildfire hazards;
• Portions of Brown County are experiencing particularly high fire risk indices reflecting conditions that allow fires to start and spread easily;
• Brown County has received very limited measurable precipitation over the past several weeks.