• Arlington Police located a vehicle associated with a McLeod County attempt to locate for an Apprehension and Detention Order at about 4 a.m., June 28. An unoccupied vehicle was parked in the 300 block of West Adams Street.
A search warrant was conducted at 401 West Adams Street by Arlington Police, the Sibley County Drug Task Force, the McLeod County Sheriff’s Office and the Minnesota State Patrol.
Tara Malnau, 25, Young American, was arrested on an Apprehension and Detention Order; Dawn Van Guilder, 46, was arrested on an unrelated outstanding warrant, aiding an offender on probation, parole; and Travis Fritz, 31, Glencoe, was arrested for 1st degree methamphetamine possession.
About 35 grams of methamphetamine was seized during the search warrant execution. An investigation into the matter continues, according to a sheriff’s office news release.
• The sheriff’s office received a theft report from a Kelso Township resident at 40467 280th St, Arlington, at 5:54 p.m. June 29. More than $1,000 worth of tools were reported stolen. The suspect was described as a thin, white middle-aged male with a black beard who may be driving a rusty, late 1990’s black Chevrolet Suburban.
New Ulm Police
• An online scam was reported by a resident on the 1000 block of Minnesota St. N. at 8:54 a.m. July 2. A resident befriended a person on Facebook and sent them $1,500 worth of iTune cards.
• A disturbance was reported at 1504 Oakwood Heights at 11:40 a.m. July 2. A 36-year-old resident was arrested on an Order For Protection (OFP) violation and transported to the Brown County Jail. A report was forwarded to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• A possible Harassment Restraining Order (HRO) violation involving a text message was reported at 517 3rd St. S. at 12:43 p.m. July 2. A report was forwarded to the City Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• A two-vehicle crash report without injuries was reported at 16th North, between Jefferson and Franklin Streets at 6:59 a.m. July 2. A parked, unattended 2004 Chevrolet facing east on 16th North Street was hit by a 2004 Chevrolet driven by Stacy L. Griebel-Ranweiler, 37, New Ulm. Griebel-Ranweiler, wore a seat belt and said she was blinded by the sun, causing the crash. Damage was severe to the right front of Griebel-Ranweiler’s car and moderate to the left rear of the parked car.
• Received a vehicle-deer crash report on Crown Avenue near Lake Laura at 7:01 p.m. June 29. A 2004 Jeep Liberty driven by Miranda Spanovich, 18, Tracy, was southbound on Crown Avenue when a deer jumped into her path, hitting the front passenger side of the windshield, causing severe damage, breaking the front windshield and two side windows. Spanovich and a 17-year-old passenger were transported by Walnut Grove Ambulance to the Tracy Hospital with minor injuries. Tracy Police and Walnut Grove First Responders assisted.