New Ulm Police
• Received a report at 3:57 p.m. Sept. 22 of an eight-year-old New Ulm boy pulling the pants of an eight-year-old girl down on the bus after school. The boy’s parents were contacted and advised of the incident.
• Stopped a 47-year-old South St. Paul man for speeding Sept. 23. He was arrested for DUI, transported to the Brown County Jail and cited. Reports were sent to Brown County Probation and the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Responded to a theft report at Walmart at 5:43 p.m. Sept. 24. Store asset protection employees used video surveillance to monitor two females concealing clothing and cosmetics and exiting the store without paying for the items that were stopped by store employees. An 18-year-old Norwood-Young America female was cited for theft. The other suspect was a 17-year-old New Ulm female. Stolen items were valued at $151.64. Reports were sent to the Brown County Attorney’s office for charge consideration.
• Received a domestic report on the 700 block of German St. N. at 8:07 p.m. Sept. 24 from a 51-year-old New Ulm woman. The woman showed intoxication signs. Reports were sent to Brown County Probation and Human Services.
• Stopped a 31-year-old New Ulm woman at 7th St. N. and Front for driving conduct. She was arrested for DUI, transported to the Brown County Jail and cited for DUI. Reports were sent to Brown County Probation and the New Ulm City Attorney.
• Observed a vehicle driving away from a closed business at 1 a.m. Sept. 26 at 20th South and Bridge St. Police stopped the vehicle, talked to a 27-year-old New Ulm man and cited him for driving after revocation.
• Received a report of a possible assault at 1:56 p.m. Sept. 26. A 38-year-old New Ulm woman told police her 20-year-old son who lives with her is intoxicated and causing her fear. He was arrested for domestic assault, issued a citation and transported to the Brown County Jail. Reports were sent to the New Ulm City Attorney and Brown County Probation.
Renville County Sheriff’s Office
• Received a two-vehicle crash report at 4:55 p.m. Sept. 22 at CR 5 and CR 4, Norfolk Township, six miles south of Bird Island. A 2018 Mitsubishi OUtlander, driven by Jordan Snyder, 24, St. Paul, was westbound on CR 4, failed to stop at CR 5 intersection stop sign and collided with a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse driven by Mathew Olson, 38, Morgan, who was northbound on CR 5. Snyder was flown to North Memorial Hospital by North Memorial Air Care with serious injuries. A passenger in Snyder’s vehicle, Casandra Krois, St. Paul, was transported to Olivia Hospital by Olivia Ambulance with non-life threatening injuries. Assisting were Hector Police, the Minnesota State Patrol, Bird Island Fire and First Responders, Olivia Ambulance, North Memorial Air Care and the Renville County Sheriff’s Office, who is investigating the crash.