New Ulm Police
• Stopped a vehicle at Valley St. S. and 4th St. S. at 8:20 p.m. May 9. The driver, a 31-year-old Nicollet man was cited for suspended registration, no insurance and a revoked driver’s license. The vehicle owner was a 40-year-old Nicollet woman. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Responded to Riverbend Area Learning Center, 1315 S. Broadway at 1:10 p.m. May 10. A fifth-grade female left the school, was later found and refused to go home. She was transported to New Ulm Medical Center for evaluation. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Assisted the New Ulm Fire Department for a vehicle fire at Jensen Motors, 2409 S. Broadway. A tow vehicle operator attempted to start a vehicle before towing it when a fire started in the engine area.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Arrested a Sleepy Eye man for DWI at Walnut St. S.E. and 5th Ave. S.E. at 12:21 a.m. May 10. He was transported to the Brown County Jail.
• Responded to a fight between two Sleepy Eye High School students. No damage was reported and nobody was reported injured. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
Sibley County Sheriff’s Office
• Responded to an unattended fire near the intersection of Scenic Byway Road and Jessenland Road, 5 miles north of Henderson at 4:30 pm. May 7. Deputies said the fire spread from private property to an adjacent Wildlife Protective Area and burned much of it. Henderson, Belle Plaine, Jordan and other fire departments put out the fire. No private property was believed to be damaged. The fire is under investigation. The sheriff’s office reminds people to use extreme caution when burning and be aware of surroundings, wind direction and to never leave an actively burning fire unattended.
• Responded to an unattended grass fire near 170th Street and 401st Avenue, aka Curron Lake at 4:45 p.m. May 7. Green Isle, Arlington, and Hamburg Fire Departments responded and controlled the fire after several hours. The fire is believed to be caused by a near by brush fire left unattended.