Brown County Sheriff’s Office
• Received a report of garbage in the ditch near 280th Street and U.S. Highway 14, Prairieville Township at 10:33 a.m. July 12. Police continued to investigate to determine where it came from. A report was done for documentation.
New Ulm Police
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash with possible injuries on U.S. Highway 14 and Palmer Avenue at 5:30 p.m. July 8. A 2020 Chevy Silverado driven by Kermit Heidi, 79, St. James, was eastbound when he was rear-ended by a 2006 Chevy Impala driven by Hector Martinez, 30, Sleepy Eye. Damage was moderate to the rear bumper of the Silverado and front end of the Impala. A passenger in the Impala had a possible neck injury. It was not known if seat belts were worn.
• Received a welfare check request for an intoxicated woman at 2:56 p.m. July 11 in the New Ulm Medical Center parking lot. A 55-year-old Iowa woman was found in a vehicle with an alcohol sensor. She was transported to the medical center emergency room. A report was sent to Brown County Probation.
• Received a welfare check request of a 38-year-old New Ulm woman passed out in a flower garden at 218 German St. S. The woman was transported to detox. A report was done for documentation.
• Arrested a 48-year-old Mankato woman on a felony warrant at 100 S. Broadway at 8:27 p.m July 11.
Sibley County Sheriff’s Office
• Took a single-vehicle rollover crash report at 8:47 p.m., July 9 on CR 13 (441st Avenue) and 280th Street, about five miles southeast of Gaylord. Anthony Risk, 34, Stewart, was driving a 2017 Honda SUV southbound on 441st Avenue when he entered the ditch and rolled. He was transported to a local hospital. Nobody else was in the vehicle. The Honda was severely damaged. The cause of the crash is under investigation. Gaylord Police, Fire/Rescue and Ambulance assisted.
Minnesota State Patrol
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash on TH 22 and Major Avenue, Biscay, McLeod County at 12:52 p.m. July 8. A 2014 Chevrolet Equinox driven by Adan Velez, 57, Glencoe, was northbound on Highway 22, lost a tire and rim that were hit by a southbound 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche driven by Molly R. Kubesh, 39, Glencoe. Both drivers wore seat belts but were transported to Hutchinson Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Airbags deployed in the Equinox. The McLeod County Sheriff’s Office assisted. Alcohol was not involved.