• Received reports Friday from several rural residents in Essig area of the theft of letters and UPS packages. Most of the missing mail and packages have been recovered. Suspects are under age 10.
• Responded to a boat crash reported at 8:22 p.m. Friday involving two jet skis each driven by 31-year-old Madelia men that collided on Lake Hanska. One of the men suffered a broken leg and received medical attention.
New Ulm Police
• Received a theft report at 6:37 p.m. Friday at Walmart Super Center, 1720 Westridge Road. A male suspect reportedly used an EBT (electronic benefit transfer) card to buy $49.38 worth of groceries. The suspect is believed to be the same person on surveillance video who stole a total of $1,038.25 worth of merchandise on June 22, July 5 and July 10.
• Received a suspicious activity report at 1101 Washington St. N. at 2:57 a.m. Saturday. A highly-intoxicated, 35-year-old New Ulm man was found on a boulevard and transported to the Brown County Jail, since detox was full. Possible charges include misdemeanor fleeing an officer on foot and obstruction to the legal process.
• Received a report of racist graffiti spray painted at Specsys, 2120 N. Broadway at 6:29 p.m. Saturday. The business had the graffiti removed.
• Received a disturbance report at 2:20 a.m. Sunday at 1915 Spring St. N. A 35-year-old New Ulm woman said a person tried to break into her apartment. Police found a partially-dislodged screen. The suspect, a 38-year-old Sleepy Eye man, said he just wanted to ask the woman for a drink of water. The woman, who said she knew the man, told police she did not wish to press charges.
• Stopped a vehicle at Westridge Road and CR 29 at 8:50 a.m. Sunday. A 44-year-old Mankato man was cited for no insurance. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• Received a report at 10:23 a.m. Sunday from a 27-year-old New Ulm woman at 226 N. State who said a 31-year-old New Ulm man was violating an HRO. The man said he believes the accusation is a “setup” and denies it.
• Received a report at 10:43 a.m. Sunday from a 41-year-old New Ulm woman at 1314 S. Washington who said she was receiving harassing text messages about her daughter. She believes the suspect is a known acquaintance of her daughter. A report was sent to the New Ulm Police Investigator for text application retrieval.
• Received a report of an intoxicated person at 14 Spring Ave. S. at 3:43 a.m. Saturday. Police said a Springfield woman was passed out in her vehicle. She was released to a friend who said they would stay with her.