Saturday hours to file special election ballots extended
NEW ULM — The Brown County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office will offer extended election hours on Saturday, May 21, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Voters may cast absentee ballots or return mailed ballots in advance of the Tuesday, May 24, Special Primary Election for the vacant 1st Congressional District seat.
Voters are allowed to have other people pick up and return an absentee ballot if they live in a nursing home, assisted living facility, residential treatment center, group home and battered women’s shelter, or are hospitalized or unable to go to a polling place due to health reasons or disability.
On Tuesday, May 24, voting will take place at the following polling places:
• New Ulm Ward 1 — Precincts 1, 2; Redeemer Lutheran Church, 700 S. Broadway, 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• New Ulm Ward 2 — Precincts 1 and 2 New Ulm Community Center, 600 N German, 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• New Ulm Ward 3 — Precincts 1 and 2, New Ulm Civic Center, 1212 N. Franklin, New Ulm, 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• New Ulm Ward 4 — Precincts 1 and 2, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 1400 S State St, New Ulm, 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Sleepy Eye Wards 1 and 2 — Sleepy Eye Community/Senior Center 115 2nd Ave NE, Sleepy Eye,
7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Springfield Wards 1 and 2 — Springfield Community Center, 33 S. Cass Ave., Springfield, 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Mail and Absentee voting ballots: Brown County Courthouse, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, May 21, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, May 23.
• Mail ballot precincts in Cobden, Evan and Hanska Townships of Albin, Cottonwood, Home, Lake Hanska, Linden, Mulligan, Prairieville, Sigel, Stark, and Stately to Brown County Courthouse, Auditor-Treasurer Office, second floor, room 206.
• Absentee ballots can be accepted until 3 p.m. on Election Day, May 24.
• Voters in mail ballot precincts can hand deliver ballots until 8 p.m. on Election Day, May 24.
• Burnstown and North Star Townships: Springfield American Legion, 5 N. O’Connell, Springfield, MN 56087 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
• City of Comfrey and Bashaw Township: Comfrey Community Center 7 a.m.-8 p.m. 12 Brown St. E., Comfrey, MN 56019 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Eden Township Morgan Fire Hall, 119 Vernon Ave, Morgan, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Leavenworth Township Leavenworth Town Hall, 30741 CR 24, Sleepy Eye, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Milford Township Milford Town Hall, 24924 Main Street, Essig, 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
• New Ulm Ward 1 — Precincts 1 and 2, Redeemer Lutheran Church.
(Fritz Busch can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.)