Commissioners reorganize Jan. 5
BROWN COUNTY — Brown County commissioners will reorganize at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 5.
Agenda items include electing a 2021 board chairman and vice chairman, adoption of Robert’s Rules of Order and reviewing commissioner operating rules and guidelines.
Other agenda items include:
• Awarding bulk diesel and unleaded gas contracts for the New Ulm and Comfrey shops. Bids are for 25,000 gallons of diesel and 50,000 gallons of unleaded gas at the New Ulm shop and 7,000 gallons of diesel at the Comfrey shop.
Bids including the Dec. 29, 2020 wholesale price plus applicable taxes and fees and a fixed delivery price that varies on the price at the day of purchase. Quotes opened on Dec. 30 were Braun Oil $134,240.58; United Farmers Coop $141,541.20 and Farmers Coop of Hanska $1515,610.
• Consideration of paying a $14,250 Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) air permit fee required to do county landfill recirculation of leachate due to the amount of landfill gas produced.
• Spending an estimated $4,750 from the 2021 Brown County park budget to buy a flatbed trailer for the ability to trailer park equipment. The low bid came from Minnesota Truck & Tractor, North Mankato.
• Continuation of the State of Emergency issued March 17, 2020; as part of the process required to receive state and/or federal assistance for the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
• Consideration of a $7,318.91 market adjustment to Brown County Public Health Director Karen Moritz’ base salary of $95,659,20, for a $102,978.11 annual salary effective Jan. 1, 2021. and an $8,444.60 market adjustment effective Sept. 29, 2021 for a $106,163 annual salary.
• Acceptance of a $10,234.20 anonymous donation for Brown County Human Services to reach out to families and individuals it is working with for a Christmas gift for those who face financial hardship.
Fritz Busch can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.