To the editor:
I have a few caveats. I watch more MSNBC than Fox News. I usually vote for a Democrat.
In 2016 I voted for Hillary, but I can understand why others voted for Trump. Hillary was an opinionated woman with some skeletons in her closet.
During the last four years I have watched with chagrin the following:
• Trump’s abandonment of the Paris Accord
• Trump’s repeated attempts to finance the border wall when Mexico declined to pay
• The sell out of the EPA and the gutting of environmental protections
• Trump’s labeling of my hero John McCain as a loser
• Trump’s distancing from allies like Germany and France
• Trump’s snuggling with Vladimir Putin
• The separation and warehousing of children who crossed the Mexican border
• Trump’s mishandling of the COVID-19 crisis
• The thousands of Trump lies
Any of these is a good reason not to vote for Trump, but then I read an article in The Atlantic by Jeffrey Goldberg. Its title is “Trump: Americans Who Died in War are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers.'” The author documents Donald Trump’s disparaging remarks about the men and women I consider heroes. The article is available online.
My simple conclusion is Donald Trump is morally bankrupt. He deserves zero votes in our next election.