New Ulm Police
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without injuries at Cottonwood and Bridge Street at 11:51 a.m. Jan.12. A 2019 Western Star semi driven by Christopher S. Cheak, 47, Russelville, Tn. was stopped at a stop sign on Cottonwood Street at Broadway when a 2016 Chevrolet Spark driven by James C. Ginkel, 85, New Ulm, approached from behind, along the passenger side, to turn right onto Broadway. The semi turned right onto Broadway, causing the semi trailer to collide with the Chevrolet. Damage was moderate to the Chevrolet. There was no damage to the semi.
• Responded to a one-vehicle crash without injuries at 19th S. Street and German Street at 10 a.m. Jan. 12. A 2012 Ford Escape driven by Jonathon F. McCann, 47, St. Peter, turned left (east) from German Street onto 19th South and collided with another vehicle that was not damaged and left the scene. Damage was moderate to the driver’s side of the Ford.
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without injuries at Minnesota Street and 2nd North Street at 1 p.m. Jan. 12. A Mazda CX9 driven by Scott R. Slechta, 43, Buford, Ga. was southbound on Minnesota Street when a Chevy Cruz driven by Paul M. Evers, 54, New Ulm, backed from a parking stall and collided with the Mazda. Damage was minor to both vehicles.
• Responded to a trespass complaint at 511 Jefferson St. S. at 3:32 p.m. Jan.12. A window was found unlocked and footprints in the snow but nothing was reported stolen.
McLeod County Sheriff’s Office
• Assisted Brownton Police with a burglary report on Division Street in Brownton at 9:09 a.m. Jan. 12.
• Responded to a suspicious vehicle report near CR 7 and Vale Avenue, southwest of Hutchinson at 10:22 a.m. Jan.12. The vehicle was unoccupied, posed a hazard and was towed.
• Responded to a theft report on 70th Street, west of Stewart at 6:37 p.m. Jan. 12.