New Ulm Police
• Stopped a 52-year-old New Ulm man for weaving and crossing the center line at German Street and 9th North at 12:24 pm.. Dec. 2. The driver failed field sobriety tests, was arrested for DWI and transported to the Brown County Jail. Charges sought are failure to drive in single lane, a stop sign violation and DWI. Reports were sent to the city attorney and Brown County Probation.
• A 40-year-old New Ulm woman told police someone damaged her Christmas lights at 7:12 p.m. Dec. 2 at 1995 Spring St. N. at 7:12 p.m. Dec. 2. Damage was estimated at $20. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a tip at 10:38 p.m. Dec. 2 about an individual on probation who is not supposed to consume alcohol in a local bar. Police found the 24-year-old Springfield man outside the bar. Police noticed alcohol consumption clues and documented a positive breath test. A report was sent to the man’s probation agent.
• Received a report at 11:51 a.m. Dec. 3 of a 16-year-old New Ulm boy that was home alone and suicidal. The boy’s mother arrived and agreed it would be best to take her son to the New Ulm Medical Center. The boy was transported by police to the medical center. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Responded to a custody dispute report at 6:33 p.m. Dec. 3 on the 400 block of Jefferson St. N. A 19-year-old girl told police she is the mother of a one-year-old and that her mother, a 41-year-old New Ulm woman, is currently caring for the child due to a medical condition. The 41-year-old New Ulm woman told police there is a signed agreement with visitation schedules through Brown County Human Services. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Received a stolen vehicle report of a black 2019 Hyundai Sonata at 12:33 p.m. Dec. 4 on the 500 block, Jefferson St. N. The registered owner, a 19-year-old New Ulm female, said she knew who took the vehicle without permission. She said the suspect, a 23-year-old New Ulm man, told her he was not going to return the vehicle and would damage it. The vehicle was entered as stolen.
• Received a burglary report from Hillside Manor, 1513 Payne St. N. at 1:06 p.m. Dec. 5. Items reported stolen and their values are a $100 Turner Hall stein, $35 tote bag, $20 wristlet, zipper pouch, tax and bank documents. Items were taken sometime within the last three months. A suspect entered through a window. Police continue to investigate the report.
• Arrested and transported a 51-year-old New Ulm woman to jail on a probation violation on the 1100 block, 17th St. N. at 6:48 p.m. Tuesday. A report was sent to Brown County Probation.
• Received a report of an OFP (Order For Protection) violation at River Bend Area Learning Center, 1315 S. Broadway at 1:13 p.m. Wednesday. A 40-year-old New Ulm man said a 45-year-old New Ulm woman texted him. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Arrested and transported a 24-year-old Sleepy Eye man to jail for terroristic threats and interference with a 911 call at 313 4th Ave. S.E. at 6:10 a.m. Wednesday. Nobody was hurt, no damage reported.
• Arrested and transported a Sleepy Eye man to jail for making terroristic threats and 911 call interference at 313 4th Ave. S.W. at 6:10 a.m. Wednesday. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Are investigating a theft report at 1:41 p.m. Wednesday of an undisclosed amount of cash from Mike’s Discount Foods, 125 Brown St. E. No more details were available.
Sibley County Sheriff’s Office
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without reported injuries at the intersection of TH 22 and CR 8 at 9:23 a.m. Friday, Dec. 1. A 2017 Honda CRV driven by Mary Elizabeth Carroll, 67, New Ulm, was traveling eastbound on CR 8 and a 1999 International Harvester truck driven northbound on TH 22 by Robert Gregory Avery, 25, Mankato, collided. The Minnesota State Patrol investigated the crash. Gaylord Ambulance assisted.
• Took a burglary report at 9:47 a.m. Dec. 3 from Mark Todd Kleman, 58, Hamburg. Kleman said forced entry was made sometime between Nov. 23 and Dec. 3 at his shop at 490 Railroad St., Green Isle. DeWalt power tools and uninstalled exterior security lights were missing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Sibley County Sheriff’s Office at 507-237-4330.
• Responded to a two-vehicle injury crash on TH 19 at 391st Avenue, Arlington Township, Sibley County at 1:53 p.m. Dec. 1. James Robert Laskowski, 53, Circle Pines, was driving a 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander northbound on Sibley CR 17 when he collied with a 2019 Chevrolet Traverse driven eastbound on TH 19 by Richard Scott Felmlee, 65, Arlington. Both drivers were transported to an Arlington hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Both drivers wore seat belts. The Sibley County Sheriff’s Office, Arlington Fire and Ambulance assisted.
• Responded to a two-vehicle injury crash at TH 15 at CR 8, Cornish Township, Sibley County reported at 12:29 p.m. Dec. 3. Amber Marie Harland, 41, Prior Lake was driving a 2019 Honda Pilot northbound on TH 15 when she collied with a 2010 Toyota Highlander driven westbound on CR 8 by Russel Leon Boice, 70, Tracy. A Toyota passenger, Mary Ann Boice, 65, was transported to New Ulm Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Lafayette Fire and Ambulance assisted.