New Ulm Police
• Responded to a vandalism call in the 500 block of Minnesota Street S. at 9:52 a.m. May 19. A 21-year-old New Ulm man said someone scratched the trunk of his vehicle, causing $300 worth of damage. A report was done for documentation.
• Talked to a 36-year-old New London woman at 2:52 p.m. May 19 who said her mother, a 60-year-old New Ulm woman, reported debit card fraud. A total of $680 in charges were made at area Kwik Trip and Walgreen’s outlets. Officers are reviewing surveillance video.
• Stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation at Center and Monument St. at 6:43 p.m. May 19. A police K9 “alerted” on the vehicle. The driver, a 28-year-old Hutchinson man, was cited for more than 1.4 grams marijuana in a motor vehicle and failure to provide insurance. Reports on both the driver and passenger were sent to probation.
• Stopped a 52-year-old Maple Grove man for a stop sign violation at 1:36 a.m. May 20. The man was arrested for 4th degree DUI and transported to the Brown County Jail.
• Arrested a 41-year-old Sleepy Eye man at New Ulm Medical Center on a Brown County Apprehension and Detention Order at 2:13 p.m. May 20. The man was transported to the Brown County Jail.
• Responded to the Way of the Cross near 5th Street North at 3:55 a.m. for a man acting suspicious. A 29-year-old homeless man was located in the New Ulm Medical Center parking lot. He was cited for trespassing on medical center