New Ulm Police
• Responded to a one-vehicle crash with minor injuries on Indian Point Drive at 1:33 a.m. May 1. Sydney R. Owens, 17, New Ulm, was northbound on Indian Point Drive driving a 2017 Ford Fusion when she collided with a legally parked vehicle just south of the 25 Indian Point Drive residence. After the impact, Owens continued north and hit another legally parked vehicle. Damage was severe to the front end of the Ford and moderate to the rear of the other two vehicles. Owens wore a seat belt.
• Responded to a disturbance report at detox, 510 Front St. N. at 2:55 p.m. April 30. A 30-year-old Sleepy Eye man reportedly assaulted a staff member, cutting and bruising a finger and damaged ceiling tiles. A report was sent to the City Attorney’s Office.
• Received an email scam/fraud report at 12:15 p.m. May 1 from a 63-year-old New Ulm woman who sent $2,000 in Apple gift cards to an unknown suspect. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a vandalism report at 1219 Jefferson St. S. 11:45 a.m. April 30 from a 37-year-old New Ulm woman who said an ex-girlfriend likely scratched her vehicle all around. A report was done for documentation.
Brown County Sheriff’s Office
• Arrested a 54-year-old Comfrey man for domestic assault at 120 Brown St. E. at 11:08 p.m. April 30. A report was sent to the City Attorney’s Office. Minor injuries were reported.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Responded to an alarm at Expressway, 509 Main St. W. at 12:48 a.m. May 2. The front door was found ajar after business hours. A suspect was seen on a surveillance camera. A couple tobacco products valued at about $18 were reported missing. A report was sent to investigators.
McLeod County Sheriff’s Office
• Assisted Brownton Police with a report of vehicle theft near 5th Ave. N. and 2nd St. N. in Brownton at 3:58 p.m. May 1.