Brown County Sheriff’s Office
• Responded to a request to assist the public on U.S. Highway 14 and 420th Avenue, North Star Township at 8:04 p.m. Saturday. A deputy discovered a vehicle out of gas on the road side and arrested a 30-year-old man with a West Virginia parole violation for grand larceny-conspiracy to commit a felony. The man is in Brown County Jail custody, awaiting transportation.
• Received a report at 4:14 p.m. Friday of a wallet stolen from a truck parked overnight in a field in Leavenworth Township. A credit card from the wall was used to buy $47 worth of fuel at Chuck Spaeth Ford. A report was done for documentation.
New Ulm Police
• Received an assault report at 11:20 p.m. Saturday at New Ulm Medical Center. A 17-year-old Mankato female caused minor scratch injuries to a 39 and 46-year-old hospital nurses. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a police squad car crash with a deer at Highway and Nicollet CR 37 at 8:25 p.m. Saturday. Vehicle damage was moderate.
• Received a harassment report at 12:12 a.m. Saturday from a 33-year-old New Ulm woman who said she received harassing text messages from her 17-year-old son in treatment at New Ulm Medical Center. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a school bus stop arm violation report at Highland Ave. N. and Lee Ave. at 4:03 p.m. Friday. A report was done for documentation.
Minnesota State Patrol
• Officer Bradley R. Nestegard, 44, Fairmont, was southbound on TH 4 at 11:57 p.m. Friday when his 2020 Ford Police Explorer was hit head-on by a 2010 Ford F150 driven by Larry R. Blackstad, 57, St. James that crossed over the centerline on TH 4 at 10th Avenue S., St. James. Both men wore seat belts but were taken to St. James Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The State Patrol said Blackstad was involved with alcohol. St. James Fire and Ambulance assisted.
• Responded to a one-vehicle crash on Highway 14, east of TH 13, Woodville Township, Waseca County at 4:40 p.m. Friday. A 2008 Chevy Equinox driven by Deborah K. Kuck, 57, New Ulm, was westbound on Highway 14, entered the median and rolled. She wore a seat belt but was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System, Mankato with non-life threatening injuries. Alcohol was not involved. The Waseca Sheriff’s Office, Waseca Police and North Memorial Ambulance assisted.