Brown County Sheriff
• Received a child protection request by Brown County Human Services at 4:26 p.m. Tuesday at 109 Dewey Ave. S., Comfrey. A three-year-old girl was removed from the home and taken to Brown County Human Services custody due to living conditions. A report was sent to human services and the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
New Ulm Police
• Recognized a 24-year-old New Ulm man from prior contacts and stopped him at the New Ulm Motel, 1427 S. Broadway at 3:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was cited for a cancelled driver’s license and possession of a small amount of marijuana. A report was sent to Brown County Probation.
• Received a driving complaint at 1:54 a.m. Wednesday about a vehicle driven all over the road in Sleepy Eye. A 27-year-old Sleepy Eye woman was arrested for third-degree DWI at Highway 14 and CR 27, Home Township, rural Sleepy Eye. The woman was sent to detox on a jail hold. A report was sent to the Sleepy Eye City Attorney’s Office.
• Arrested a 38-year-old homeless man for third and fifth-degree drug possession charges at 108 State St. N. at 10:34 a.m. Wednesday. The man and a 47-year-old homeless woman were involved in a verbal domestic before the man was searched after police suspected narcotics use including methamphetamines. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Received a report of a 49-year-old New Ulm woman walked to a residence on the 1200 block Spring St. N. at 5:11p.m. Monday. The woman showed signs of mental health and possible drug issues before leaving the scene. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Received a criminal damage to property report at 11:32 a.m. Tuesday at the New Ulm Motel, 1427 S. Broadway. A 42-year-old New Ulm man told police a 20-year-old New Ulm man broke his barbecue grill valued at $150. Reports were sent to the New Ulm City Attorney and Brown County Probation.