New Ulm Police
• Responded to an intoxicated person call at 1515 Center at 3 a.m. Sunday. An 18-year-old New Ulm male was outside a residence causing a disturbance while having mental health or narcotics issues. Nobody was hurt, no damage was reported. A report was done for documentation.
• Stopped a vehicle for unreasonable acceleration at Garden St. and 6th St. N. at 10:20 p.m. Saturday. A 25-year-old Hutchinson man failed field sobriety tests and was taken to jail for testing, then detox on jail hold. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Performed a welfare check at 200 German St. N. at 1:24 p.m. Saturday regarding a 44-year-old Chanhassen woman getting into a verbal dispute with her 14-year-old daughter. Cuts were found on the girl who later threatened to harm herself. She was transported to the New Ulm Medical Center Emergency Room. A report was sent to Carver County Human Services.
• Responded to a disturbance call from the New Ulm Country Club at 7:21 p.m. Friday. Four intoxicated men, three 35-year-olds and one 34-year-old men from Belle Plaine, Lakefield, Cokato, and Lake Park, Iowa were reported to be hitting golf balls randomly at other golfers on the course. Police had no reports of anybody hit by golf balls. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Received a scam/fraud report at 7:32 p.m. Friday from a 63-year-old New Ulm man who received texts from an unknown phone number asking for money. He sent $200 in gift cards to a woman claiming to be in Rochester. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a scam/fraud report at 8:44 a.m. Saturday from a 42-year-old New Ulm man who received Tik-Tok messages and sent $2,000 to an unknown texter. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a harassment report at 9:17 a.m. Saturday from a 20-year-old Springfield woman who said she was being harassed by her finace’s mother, a 53-year-old New Ulm, whom she had an order for protection against, at the New Ulm Civic Center. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
Brown County Sheriff
• Received possible HRO violation information at 7:23 p.m. Friday regarding a Hanska couple and possible third-party involvement at 204 Minnesota St., Hanska. A report will be sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Cited a 50-year-old St. James man for reckless driving after stopping him at 7:59 p.m. Friday at CR 20 and CR 13, Lake Hanska Township.
• Received a crash report involving two vehicles and a deer at CR 27 and CR 12, Mulligan Township at 8:03 p.m. Friday. Vehicles were driven by Barbara Wersal, 55, Sanborn; and Dustin Wilfahrt, 37, New Ulm.
• Stopped a vehicle driven by a 35-year-old Lamberton woman at 9:04 p.m. Friday for nearly hitting a house in Hanska, then crossing the center line and nearly driving in a ditch at CR 20 and 280th Avenue, Mulligan Township. A small amount of marijuana was found in the vehicle. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Received a verbal assault report at 820 Water St. S.W. at 3:53 p.m. Friday involving a 15-year-old step son and a 40-year-old Sleepy Eye man. Nobody was hurt. No damage was reported. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Received a domestic report at 805 Walnut St. S.W. at 1:59 a.m Saturday from St. James Police. No more details were available.