New Ulm Police
• Received a license plate theft report at 924 Center at 8:59 p.m. July 18. A rear license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle sometimes between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday. A front license plate was tampered with but not removed. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a report at 5:45 p.m. July 17 from the Brown County Evaluation Center Detox Division, 510 Front St. N. A 30-year-old Mankato woman and a 25-year-old Albert Lea man were gone when officers arrived. A report was sent to probation and the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Received a driving complaint at 8:02 p.m. July 17 and 12:05 a.m. July 18 about a 35-year-old New Ulm man who backed up at a high rate of speed near the Brown County Fairgrounds, nearly and later from the Target parking lot. Reports were sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office, Brown County Human Services and the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Mental Health Evaluation.
• Received a trespass complaint from Walgreen’s, 608 N. Broadway at 4:06 p.m. July 16 about a 52-year-old New Ulm man. A report made for documentation.
• Arrested a 50-year-old Mankato man after getting a call about a suspicious person in front of Nicklasson Athletic, 1217 S. Broadway at 9 a.m. July 17. The man was cited for methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia possession. A report was sent to Brown Probation.
• Received a report at 6:18 p.m. July 15 of a 32-year-old St. Paul woman attempting to fill a forged medical prescription at Cash Wise Foods, 1220 Westridge Rd. It was learned the woman has attempted to fill forged prescriptions across southern Minnesota. She was not located. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Received a disturbance report involving mental health issues at 6:22 p.m., July 15 on the 800 block of Payne St. S. involving 72-year-old and 35-year-old New Ulm men. Nobody was hurt. No damage was done. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Received a theft report at 7:59 a.m. July 16 of a rental golf cart valued at $6,000 stolen Thursday night at Bavarian Blast, 1201 State St. N. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report without reported injuries at 6th St. N. and Minnesota St., New Ulm. A 2006 truck driven by Clayton Neville, 17, Hanska; and a 2017 SUV driven by Annette Reker, 62, New Ulm, were stopped at opposing stop signs on 6th St. N. when Reker began moving westbound and turned north on Minnesota St. Damage was minor to the truck and to the front driver side of the SUV.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report without reported injuries on the 1100 block of Franklin St. N. at 6:30 p.m. July 18. A 2017 Dodge Ram driven by Jeffrey Olson, 62, New Ulm, was northbound on Franklin when he collided with a parked, unoccupied 2014 Camaro. Olson said he had a mechanical issue. He wore a seat belt. Damage was moderate disabling to the front passenger side of the Dodge and minor to the rear driver’s side fender of the Camaro.
Brown County Sheriff’s Office
• Received a report at 11:21 a.m. July 19 of $40 in counterfeit money used last Thursday or Friday at Ampride, 21 Broadway St., Hanska. A report was sent to investigators.
• Received a theft report at 11:41 a.m. July 18 of produce stolen near 2nd St. and East St. in Cobden, not sure when. A report was done for documentation.
• Issued a warning for a juvenile driving a mini-bike on 1st St. W., Hanska after receiving a driving complaint at 12:46 p.m., July 18.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Received a license plate theft report from Schieffert Farms, 701 Cedar St. N.E., Sleepy Eye at 7:35 p.m., July 18. The stolen plate was later found on a vehicle used in a Sibley County trailer theft. A report was done for documentation.
McLeod County Sheriff’s Office
• Responded to a ditch fire near Oday Ave. and 10th St. S., south of Brownton at 4:47 p.m. July 18. The New Auburn Fire Dept. also responded. The fire was extinguished.
Minnesota State Patrol
• Received a single-vehicle crash report at 6:45 p.m. July 17. A 2009 Toyota Camry driven by Romeo J. Stanley, 23, Mankato, was eastbound in TH 68 near 227th Lane, exited the highway and entered the ditch. He was transported to a Mankato hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Alcohol was not involved.