Minnesota State Patrol
• Received a one-vehicle crash report on CR 22 at 280th Avenue, Mulligan Township, Brown County. A Brown County Sheriff’s Office 2016 Ford Explorer driven by Justin J. Bauer, 32, New Ulm, was enroute to a call northbound on 280th Avenue when it collided with a cow that was loose on the road. Bauer was transported by Sleepy Eye Ambulance to New Ulm Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
New Ulm Police
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash with injuries at 5th St. N. and State St. at 2:17 p.m. July 14. A 2020 vehicle driven by Magadalen Jakubiec, 64, New Ulm, was westbound on 5th North and hit a dump trailer hitched to a legally parked vehicle on the north side of 5th North. Damage was disabling to Jakubiec’s vehicle. Damage was very minor to the trailer. Jakubiec had an injury above her right eye and was transported to New Ulm Medical Center by ambulance.
• Transported an intoxicated 22-year-old Redwood Falls woman from CR 29 and 180th Avenue, Milford Township to detox at 8:32 p.m. July 14. A report was sent to her probation agent.
• Issued a speeding warning to a 43-year-old New Ulm man at Center and Highland Ave. at 3:24 p.m. July 14.
• Received a theft report of $35 worth of plants from A to Zinnia, 15 S. Broadway at 11:54 p.m. July 14. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Arrested a 39-year-old Sleepy Eye man for domestic assault at 2015 S. Broadway at 10:47 a.m. July 15. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
McLeod County Sheriff’s Office
• Responded to a garbage dump near Nature Avenue and Highway 212 east of Brownton at 9:06 a.m. July 14. A deputy moved the hazard from the road and cleared with a report to solid waste.
Nicollet County Sheriff’s Office
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash at 6:32 a.m. July 15 in New Sweden Township on Nicollet County Road 1 and 481st Ave involving a 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon and a 1994 International 9000.
The driver of the International, Allen Otto Dauer, 56 of New Ulm, was turning onto westbound Nicollet County Road 1 from 481st Avenue when the Subaru, traveling eastbound, struck the trailer of the International. The driver of the International was not injured. The driver of the Subaru, whose name is not being released at this time pending notification of family, was transported to Mayo Clinic Health Systems Mankato and later succumbed to his injuries.
The cause of the crash is currently under investigation. Assisting in the crash were the Minnesota State Patrol, Minnesota Department of Transportation, Lafayette Fire and Ambulance, Allina Ambulance and Mayo Ambulance.