Brown County Sheriff’s Office
• Received a vandalism report at 2:07 p.m. July 5 of somebody who drove into a field and damaged three hay bales near CR 24 and 280th Ave., Leavenworth Township sometime late July 3 or early July 4. A report was done for documentation.
New Ulm Police
• Received a theft report at the Broadway Haus, 300 N. Broadway at 2:49 p.m. July 5 of a Schwinn bicycle taken for a test ride and not returned by a 55-year-old New Ulm man. The bicycle was valued at $400. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office.
• Assisted the Brown County Evaluation Center at 3:17 p.m. July 5 with a 40-year-old N. Mankato man who didn’t want to go into an isolation room. The man was tased and became compliant. A report was done for documentation.
• Stopped a vehicle at 1914 S. Broadway at 6:30 p.m. July 5. The driver, an 18-year-old New Ulm man and a passenger, a 19-year-old New Ulm man, were both cited for drug paraphernalia possession. Reports were sent to Brown County Probation as both were on probation.
• Responded to a burglary report at New Ulm Mobile Village, 2526 S. Bridge St. at 7:57 p.m. July 5. A 43-year-old Mankato woman was suspected of entering a residence without owner permission. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
• Received a runaway report at 10:42 p.m. July 5 of a 15-year-old New Ulm girl from the 600 block of Valley St. S. She returned home 90 minutes later unharmed. A report will be sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Received a call about an intoxicated person at 9th St. S. and Minnesota St. at 12:57 a.m. July 6. Police found a 14-year-old New Ulm boy intoxicated. He was returned home to his mother. A school notification letter will be sent.
• Received a theft report at 9:59 a.m. July 6 of license plates stolen from a Ford Taurus at 923 Washington St. S. The plates were entered as stolen. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a report of a fight between Brown County Jail inmates, a 20-year-old Fairfax man and a 36-year-old Morgan man at 5:14 p.m., July 3. The Fairfax man had minor injuries but did not require medical attention. A report for fifth-degree assault consideration was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Received a report of a fight between two juveniles at 11:28 p.m. July 4. There were no injuries. Police continue to investigate the incident.