Brown County Sheriff’s Office
• Assisted New Ulm Police and Brown County Jail personnel at 12:28 p.m. Dec. 27 with an inmate who tried to flood a jail cell. Nobody was hurt but the incident included water damage to ceiling tile in the second floor of the jail. The inmate was moved to a holding cell after the incident. No more details were available.
• Responded to a verbal domestic call involving a 29-year-old New Ulm woman in Cottonwood Township at 1:25 p.m. Dec. 27. A 34-year-old Foley man reportedly left the residence before law enforcement arrived.
New Ulm Police
• Took a suspicious activity call from a resident on the 300 block, Jefferson St. S. who had video of a person entering an unlocked vehicle at 1:30 a.m., Dec. 27. Nothing was reportedly taken from the vehicle. A report was done for documentation.
• Received a welfare check call at 8:43 a.m., Dec. 27. A 50-year-old homeless man formerly of New Ulm was found sleeping on a bench at 12th Street S. and Valley. He was taken to the Brown County Law Enforcement Center before his family got him a motel room. A report was sent to Brown County Human Services.
• Stopped a vehicle for suspended license plates at Broadway and 8th St. N. at 3:07 p.m. Dec. 25. A 34-year-old New Ulm woman was cited for driving after revocation, no insurance and failure to transfer vehicle title. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• Stopped a 41-year-old New Ulm woman for driving with a driver’s license cancelled IPS (Inimical to Public Safety) at 1100 16th St. N. (Linderhof Apartments parking lot) at 9:13 a.m. Dec. 26. A report was sent to the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without injuries at 11th North and Jefferson Street on slippery, snow covered roads at 1:57 p.m. Dec. 26. A 2017 Dodge Journey driven by Tammy L. Waibel, 51, New Ulm, was southbound on 11th North and did not see a 2011 Ford Ranger driven by Robert I. Anderson, 61, New Ulm, could not stop and collided. There was minor front end damage to both vehicles. Both drivers wore seat belts.
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without injuries at Jacobs Street and Westridge Road at 1:29 p.m. Dec. 26. A 2015 Chrysler 200 driven by Kaylee A. Paulson, 25, Savage, was southbound on Jacobs Street, when a 2021 Dodge Ram driven by Michael L. Kent, 38, Morgan, tried to cross Jacobs Street from Westridge Road. The front of the Chrysler collided with the passenger side of the Dodge. Damage was severe to the front end of the Chrysler and moderate to the Dodge. Both drivers wore seat belts.
• Received a gas-drive-off report with $10.15 worth of gas at Expressway, 11 Rock St. E. at 9:50 a.m. Dec. 26. The suspect vehicle was a white, Ford F150 pickup truck.