New Ulm Police
• Arrested a 36-year-old New Ulm man for DWI and transported him to jail after a vehicle stop at Broadway and 8th St. N. at 12:32 a.m. Saturday.
• Arrested a St. James man on a probation violation while serving a warrant/A&D at 1324 5th St. N. at 12:51 p.m. Saturday. The man was transported to jail, later transfered to Watonwan County authorities.
• Responded to a underage alcohol consumption incident involving about 20 people at 1021 N. Washington St. at 7:55 p.m. Saturday. A report will be sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• Responded to a disturbance at 2201 N. Broadway at 11:19 p.m. Saturday. A 28-year-old New Ulm man was detained, fled officers, and was quickly apprehended on DWI and fleeing officer charges. A report will be sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Responded to a theft report at a former business located at 135 Main St. W. at 4:59 p.m. Friday. A checking account was created using the name and address and $65 worth of checks and fees were incurred in South St. Paul.
• Responded to a domestic report at 637 2nd Ave. N.W. at 10:08 a.m. Sunday. No arrests were made and nobody was hurt. A report was sent to the Sleepy Eye City Attorney’s Office for advisement.
• Responded to a theft report at 520 Sanborn St. E. at 12:08 p.m. Saturday. About $300 worth of household goods were reported taken by a renter.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report with non-life threatening injuries on State Highway 15 at Freemont St, Hutchinson at 6:34 p.m. Friday. A 2009 Ford Fusion driven by Brooke S. Peterson, 25, Mounds View, was southbound on Highway 15 and collided with a 2019 Ford Explorer driven by Steve R. Sickmann, 50, Hutchinson, who was eastbound. Peterson, a passenger in the Fusion, Zachary L. Peterson, 25, Hector and Sickmann were transported to Hutchinson Area Hospital. All wore seat belts and alcohol was not involved. Hutchinson Police assisted.
• Received a four-vehicle crash report on U.S. Highway 212 at Targus Avenue south of Brownton in McLeod County at 3:02 p.m. Friday. A 2006 International semi driven by Timothy R. Johnson, 52, Gilbert, Az. was westbound on Highway 212 when it left the road and collided with an abandoned Toyota 4Runner. A 2016 Chevy Silverado driven by Thomas J. Ingemann, 74, Newport was westbound when it collided with a 2014 Nissan Murano driven by George J. Stadther, 75, Olivia, who was eastbound. Johnson was transported to Hutchinson Area Hospital. He wore a seat belt as did the other drivers and passengers. The McLeod County Sheriff’s Office, Brownton Fire Dept. and Hutchinson Ambulance assisted. Alcohol was not involved.
• Received a one-vehicle crash with non-life threatening injuries south of Madelia in Watonwan County at 6:36 a.m. Saturday. A 2008 Chevy Silverado driven by Marlon W. Burns, 54, Arkadelphia, Ar was westbound on Highway 60, lost control, hit a guardrail and rolled onto it’s side. He was transported to Madelia Hospital. He wore a seat belt. Alcohol was not involved.The Watonwan County Sheriff’s Office assisted.