New Ulm Police
• Responded to two-vehicle accident with minor damage to both vehicles at the intersection of Broadway Street South and 16th Street South at 4:14 p.m. Tuesday. A vehicle was westbound on 16th Street South and attempted to proceed through the intersection when it struck a vehicle that was southbound on Broadway Street South.
• Arrested a 33-year-old New Ulm man on charge of domestic assault at 1400 State St. N at 11:46 a.m. Wednesday.
New Ulm Fire
• Responded to a fire call at 2526 Bridge St. S. at 1:16 p.m. Tuesday. When emergency personnel arrived, the scent of gas was detected. Upon investigation, emergency personnel discovered a faulty stove as the source of a potential gas leak.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Arrested a 40-year-old Sleepy Eye man on charge of domestic assault at 657 1st Ave. N. in Sleepy Eye at 3:25 a.m. Wednesday. The man was allegedly disputing with his girlfriend.
Sibley County Sheriff
• A 74-year-old man died in a grain bin Tuesday in Sibley County. Deputies and emergency personnel were called to an adult male trapped inside of a grain bin at 3:12 p.m. in the Faxon Township, five miles west of Belle Plaine. The man, identified as Rodger Slater, of Eagan, had been unloading soybeans from the grain bin when he was engulfed by the soybeans and trapped. Deputies and emergency personnel cut open the side of the grain bin in an attempt to free him and found Slater an hour after arriving. The man was pronounced dead at the seen. Slater lived in Eagan but owned the farm at which he died, according to the Sibley County Sheriff’s Office.
• Responded to a report of a domestic on Highway 15, north of Hutchinson, at 2:20 a.m. Tuesday. Also assisting was the Hutchinson Police. As a result Lana Jane Schmidt, 55, of Hutchinson, was arrested on charge of domestic assault, interfere with 911 call, fourth degree DWI and booked into the McLeod County Jail. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Assisted Minnesota State Patrol with an accident on Highway 212 and County Road 9, south of Plato, at 5:57 a.m. Tuesday. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Responded to a driving complaint in the area of Highway 212 and Zebra Avenue, northeast of Plato, at 10:58 a.m. Tuesday. The deputy located the vehicle, transported the driver to Glencoe and cleared with a citation.
• Responded to a one-vehicle accident with non-life threatening injuries on Highway 22 and Sunrise Drive in St. Peter at 1:23 p.m. Wednesday. A 2005 Toyota Prius driven by Ruth Chuah, 20, St. Peter, and a bicyclist, Cameron Moore, 30, St. Peter, were both east bound on Highway 22 when the Prius passed the bicyclist, then turned right onto Sunrise Drive. The bicyclist ran into the passenger side of the car. Moore received treatment in St. Peter. Moore was wearing a helmet.