New Ulm Police
• Responded to a domestic disturbance between two New Ulm women at 326 Linden St. at 2:59 p.m. Sunday. One of the women allegedly threw a shoe at the other which struck her on the side of the head. A report was submitted to the city attorney for review.
• Responded to an alleged hit and run incident in the Aldi parking lot at 2101 Highland Ave. N. at 3:42 p.m. Sunday. Damage to the caller’s car was sustained on the right rear bumper. There were no witnesses to the incident.
• Stopped a vehicle at 11th Street South and Franklin Street South at 7:26 p.m. Sunday for a stop sign violation and expired registration tags. The vehicle was uninsured and the driver was revoked.
• Responded to a report of a shoplifting incident at Cashwise at 11:51 p.m. Sunday. Store items totaled at $253.74 were allegedly taken by a 51-year-old New Ulm woman who blamed the incident on a mental illness. Theft charges were submitted to the city attorney.
• Received a two-vehicle crash report at 5:58 a.m. Monday on TH 60 east of St. James, Rosendale Township, Watonwan County. A 2006 Peterbuilt tractor driven by David B. Pemrick, 58, Faribault, was turning left onto east bound Highway 60 when it collided with a 1995 Chevy Malibu driven by Sadie E. Woods, 19, Winner, S.D. Woods was transported to Mayo Clinic Health System Mankato with non-life-threatening injuries. Pemrick was not injured. Both drivers wore seat belts. Alcohol was not involved. Mayo Clinic Ambulance Service, the Watonwan County Sheriff’s Office, St. James Police, Fire and Ambulance assisted.
• Responded to a parked vehicle accident on Prior Street in Stewart at 3:58 p.m. Aug. 23. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Assisted the Glencoe Police with a domestic on 9th St. E. in Glencoe at 4:14 p.m. Aug. 23. The deputies cleared with no reports.
• Assisted the Silver Lake Police with a report of a suspicious person in the area of Cleveland Street SE and Grove Avenue SE in Silver Lake at 4:50 p.m. Aug. 23. The deputies cleared with no reports.
• Assisted the Glencoe Police with a report of a burglary on DeSoto Avenue North in Glencoe 5:35 p.m. Aug. 23. The deputy cleared with no report.
• Responded to a report of a large round bale in the roadway in the area of County Road 2 and 240th Street, north of Silver Lake at 8:11 p.m. Aug. 23. The deputy cleared with no report.
• Responded to a domestic on County Road 2, north of Silver Lake at 12:04 a.m Aug. 24. Also responding was the Silver Lake Police. The situation was mediated. The deputies cleared with reports.
• Responded to a suspicious vehicle in the ditch in the area of Ulm Ave and 210th Street, northwest of Hutchinson at 7:08 a.m. Aug. 24. This case remains under investigation.
• Responded to a report of a theft on Zebra Avenue, south of Lester Prairie at 7:43 p.m. Aug. 24. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Responded to a suspicious vehicle in the area of County Road 7, northeast of Hutchinson at 7:07 Sunday. The deputy spoke with the registered owner, who would have the vehicle removed. The deputy cleared with no report.
• Responded to a garbage dump in the area of 120th Street and Ulm Street, southwest of Hutchinson at 8:33 a.m. Sunday. The deputy cleared with a report to Solid Waste.
• Responded to a garbage dump in the area of Walden Avenue and 215th Street, northwest of Hutchinson at 12:40 p.m. Sunday. This investigation will continue.
• Responded to a garbage dump in the area of Unit Avenue and Highway 212, east of Stewart at 12:56 p.m. Sunday. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Assisted Hutchinson Police with a domestic on Spruce Street in Hutchinson at 1:51 p.m. Sunday. The deputy cleared with no report.
• Responded to a burglary in the area of County Road 2, north of Silver Lake at 2:50 p.m. Sunday. The deputy cleared with a report.
Sibley County Sheriff
• Received a complaint of a possible burglary and theft Aug. 21 on 1st Avenue in Gibbon. On Aug. 14, Pete Venditto, 55, rural Gibbon, allegedly entered a home on 1st Avenue in Gibbon and stole a blank check. Venditto then allegedly filled out and issued the check to Renville Sibley Coop in the amount of $621.58 for an outstanding electric bill. No one was home at the time of the incident but on Aug. 13 the victim reported a similar incident to Gibbon Police Department. On Aug. 13, the victim allegedly observed Venditto inside of the residence while they were sleeping. Venditto was arrested Aug. 22 on charge of felony second degree burglary and felony check forgery.
• Responded at 3:35 p.m. Saturday to an ATV crash near the intersection of 730th Avenue and 310th Street, 10 miles northwest of Morton, Henryville Township. An ATV driven by Colby Hudson, 19, Dawson, was determined to be traveling too fast for conditions, lost control and rolled. He was thrown from the ATV and found by other riding partners to be in and out of consciousness. Hudson was transported by private party prior to law enforcement arrival to the Renville County Hospital, Olivia. His injuries were not known. The crash remains under investigation by the sheriff’s office.