New Ulm Police
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without injuries at 3:10 p.m. Monday at Highway 14 and Palmer Avenue. A 2000 Lincoln LS driven by Jeremiah Miller, 30, Sleepy Eye, yielded for a vehicle in the roundabout at which point the front end of a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, driven by Lonnie Kotasek, 51, New Ulm, struck the rear of the Lincoln. The Lincoln received damage to the rear passenger’s sid bumber and taillight. The Dodge did not receive any damage to the front end but the brakes were damaged.
New Ulm Fire
• The New Ulm Fire Department and New Ulm Police Department were dispatched to 1213 N. Spring St. for a house fire at 11:49 p.m. Monday. Upon arrival, they found the house filled with smoke. Police assisted in evacuating the occupants. Crews extinguished the fire on the lower level and were on scene for approximately one and a half hours. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. The smoke alarm on the main floor was working. One occupant was transported by Allina Ambulance.
• Responded to a medical call on Highway 22, northeast of Glencoe at 4:28 p.m. Monday. One individual was transported to the hospital. Also responding was Allina Ambulance. The deputies cleared with no reports.
• Assisted the Glencoe Police with a two-vehicle accident in the area of 10th Street East and Hennepin Avenue North in Glencoe at 6:02 p.m. The deputy cleared with no report.
• Responded to a report of a theft of a vehicle on Robin Avenue, southwest of Brownton at 6:24 p.m. Monday. Also assisting was the Brownton Police. The deputies cleared with a report.
• Responded to a medical on Kale Avenue, east of Silver Lake at 7:24 p.m. Monday. Assisting was the Silver Lake Police, who transported one individual to the Hutchinson Hospital. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Received a report of a two-vehicle crash with non-life threatening injuries on Highway 60, west of Butterfield at 1:18 p.m. Tuesday. A 2001 Dodge Caravan driven by Delores Linscheid, 83, Butterfield, was eastbound in the right-hand lane when it turned left in front of a 2017 Ram cargo van, driven by Tiffany Ashpole, 24, Eagle Lake. The Ram cargo van struck the rear of the Caravan. Linscheid received non-life threating injuries and was transported to St. James Medical Center.
• Received a report of a two-vehicle crash with non-life threatening injuries on Highway 19 west of Gibbon near Severance Township at 1:18 p.m. Tuesday. A 2009 Hyundai Elantra, driven by Obatola Layiwola, 21, Madison, South Dakota, and a 2009 International Semi tractor, driven by Marcel Black, 58, Fairfax, were traveling east on Highway 19 when they collided. Layiwola received life-threatening injuries and was transported to New Ulm Medical Center.