COVID-19 Holiday Guidance
NEW ULM — As the busy holiday season approaches, many people have begun to make plans for gatherings with friends and families to celebrate these special times and enjoy yearly traditions. It truly is a wonderful time of the year. However, COVID-19 has continued to spread across the state and country at high levels. Several safety steps can be taken to keep your friends and family safe during the holidays.
• Get vaccinated if you are eligible, including boosters for recommended groups.
• Lay low before you go. Avoid crowded settings for a couple weeks beforehand.
• Get tested a few days prior to gathering, either at a testing site or through the at-home testing program. Results take 1-3 hours for a rapid antigen test, and 24-72 hours for a saliva PCR test.
• Stay home if you have symptoms or if you test positive for COVID-19.
• Use multiple layers of protection. Wear a mask in crowded settings and stick to outdoor/socially distanced activities where possible, especially if you are getting together with multiple households, multiple generations, unvaccinated people, or people in high-risk groups.
• If you are traveling, make sure you check for local mandates and rules. Different cities may have different guidance, such as masking or proof of vaccination.
More information on safe holiday celebrations can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/celebrations.html. Working together as a community can help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and can keep our family and friends safe this holiday season.
Brown County Public Health continues to offer COVID-19 vaccinations for people ages 5 and older. To schedule a vaccination, visit www.co.brown.mn.us/covidvaccine or call 507-233-6820.