Community scavenger hunt Aug.19
NEW ULM — Based on the popularity of the community scavenger hunt held earlier this summer, the Heart of New Ulm is sponsoring a second community scavenger hunt.
The activity is free and participants can do the hunt anytime on their own schedule between Aug. 19 and Sept. 30. Participants are encouraged to walk or bike for the hunt, which will direct them to various places around town to learn about New Ulm. Participants should practice social distancing during the scavenger hunt.
People can participate as individuals or as a team of family members. Each person (or team if playing as a family) that completes all the missions will be put into a drawing for $100 (1st place) or $50 (2nd place) in chamber dollars.
1. Download the GooseChase iPhone or Android app by searching for GooseChase in the appropriate app store.
2. Create a login using a Facebook account or email.
3. Search for “Heart of New Ulm Community Challenge” and select the game.
4. Click the button to Select Team & Join Game. Participants can also play solo.
5. Complete the missions. Once in the game, participants will see all the missions they need to accomplish. To complete one, select it from the list and hit the “Snap Evidence” button. This launches the phone’s camera to let the participant take photo proof. To earn points, it must be clear in the mission that the individual or team actually completed it.
6. Be entered to win chamber dollars.