Brown County DFL precinct caucuses Tuesday, Feb. 25
BROWN COUNTY — Brown County Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) members gather for precinct caucuses Tuesday, Feb. 25, to learn about candidates, party platform debate resolutions, elect new precinct chairpersons and select convention delegates.
Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. Caucuses begin at 7 p.m.
“Our precinct caucuses signal the start of the 2020 elections in Minnesota, which are sure to be some of the most fiercely contested political battles in state history,” said DFL Chairman Ken Martin.
“The way we win in 2020 is by organizing and building power at the grassroots level,” Martin said. “The DFL is a people-powered party. Our precinct caucuses give everyone, from seasoned activists to the newly engaged, a chance to weigh in on the party’s platform, elect local leaders and shape the future of the DFL.”
Martin said he encourages all Minnesotans to attend their precinct caucuses, engage with their neighbors, and make their voices heard.”
Caucuses take place at:
• New Ulm Community Center, 600 N. German St. for the towns of New Ulm W-1, P-1, P-2; W-2 P-2, W-3 P-1, 2; W-4 P1, 2; and Cottonwood, Milford and Sigel Townships.
• Sleepy Eye Public Elementary Library, 4th Ave. S.W., Sleepy Eye for Wards 1, 2 Sleepy Eye, Evan, and the townships of Eden, Home, Leavenworth, Prairieville and Stark.
• Hanska Community Center, 201 Broadway, Hanska for Hanska and the townships of Albin, Lake Hanska and Linden.
• Springfield Public School Cafeteria, 12 S. Burns Ave. for Springfield, Cobden and Comfrey; plus Bashaw, Burnstown, Mulligan, North Star and Stately Townships.
• Contact Lori Sellner at 507-227-4004 if you will be attending the caucuses.
Fritz Busch can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.