Community Scavenger Hunt to highlight Heart of New Ulm’s impact
NEW ULM — To celebrate the Heart of New Ulm (HONU) in the community, HONU is sponsoring a community scavenger hunt. The activity is free and participants can do the hunt anytime on their own schedule between August 5-11. Participants are encouraged to walk or bike for the hunt, which will direct them to various places around town to see where HONU has made an impact.
People can participate as individuals or as a team of family, friends, coworkers or other groups, up to a maximum of four people per team. Each person (or team if playing on a team) that completes the hunt will be put into a drawing for $40 in Chamber dollars.
1. Download the GooseChase iPhone or Android app by searching for GooseChase in the appropriate app store.
2. Create a login using a Facebook account or email.
3. Search for “Heart of New Ulm” and select the game.
4. Click the button to Select Team & Join Game. Participants can also play solo.
5. Complete the missions. Once in the game, participants will see all the missions they need to accomplish. To complete one, select it from the list and hit the “Snap Evidence” button. This launches the phone’s camera to let the participant take photo proof. To earn points, it must be clear in the mission that the individual or team actually completed it.
6. Be entered to win $40.
The scavenger hunt is being coordinated by the Heart of New Ulm Leadership Team.