Sibley County District Court
• Robin E. Gardner, 47, Gibbon, pleaded guilty June 20 to wrongfully obtaining assistance/theft (MA). Adjudication was stayed and he was placed on two year probation to court services. Conditions include immediately paying $9,392.62 restitution, de-certification from public assistance for one year, pay $385, perform 24 hours STS/CDS as arranged by probation. A companion charge was dismissed.
• Lukas J. Melges, 20, Morton, waived all omnibus issues on a gross misdemeanor fifth-degree controlled substance possession charge. A settlement conference was set for 1 p.m. July 18. A jury trial was set for 8:30 a.m., July 23. He was released on conditions previously ordered including not using or possessing non-prescribed drugs.
• Jennifer A. Gehl, 36, Courtland, admitted violating probation terms on a felony fifth-degree controlled substance possession charge. A disposition hearing was set for 11 a.m. June 27. She remains in the Sibley County Jail.
• Jeffrey A. Peltier, 40, St. Cloud, pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor offering a forged check. He was sentenced to one year in jail and ordered to pay $98.02 restitution.
• Ryan J. Smith, 26, Redwood Falls, admitted to violating probation on a felony fifth-degree controlled substance charge. Probation was reinstated as previously ordered plus a requirement that he successfully complete the Redwood County Drug Court program.
• Wendy A. Royce, 50, Arlington, appeared at an omnibus hearing on charges including felony fourth-degree assault. She waived all omnibus issues. A settlement conference was set for 1 p.m. Sept. 12. A jury trial was set for 8:30 a.m., Sept. 24. She was released on the same conditions as previously ordered including not using or possessing alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
• Kent A. Rubendall, 38, Gibbon, was sentenced to 24 years in prison, stayed, and placed on up to five years probation for felony violation of a domestic abuse no contact order. Conditions include serving 90 days in the Sibley County Jail, completing a mental health diagnostic evaluation with domestic violence inventory component, complete 40 hours Sentence to Service, have no contact with the victim, not use or possess alcohol or non-prescription drugs and pay an $85 surcharge.