Five high school seniors receive SouthPoint Foundation scholarships
SLEEPY EYE — Five area high school seniors have been awarded scholarships from the SouthPoint Foundation during their inaugural year of giving.
Receiving a $1,000 scholarship each to help further their education are:
• Emily Appel, New Ulm Public High School
• Rachel Hohensee, New Ulm Public High School
• Kyle Goblirsch, New Ulm Cathedral High School
• Noah Koller, Le Sueur Henderson High School
• Nolan Hovland, Springfield Public High School
SouthPoint Foundation received 60 scholarship applications in which the applicants answered an essay prompt using one of the seven principles of cooperatives known to credit unions. The essays were anonymously reviewed and scored by an internal committee.