St. Mary’s presents ‘Matilda the Musical’
St. Mary’s High School presents Matilda the Musical! Nov. 18-20 in the high school auditorium.
Based on the novel Matilda by Roald Dahl, Matilda Wormwood (Natalie Fischer) is a little girl with incredible curiosity, an exceptional mind and a bold imagination – and, unfortunately, has the worst family in the world.
While her parents (John Miller and Abigail Schwartz) are content with trashy TV and sketchy money-making schemes and her brother (Owen Weiss) is lazy and uneducated, Matilda prefers to lose herself in her much-loved books.
Where her family is loud, selfish and unkind, she is an observer, inventing small, but mischievous acts of rebellion and retaliation. Initially eager to attend Crunchem Hall, Matilda is horrified to discover the school is a miserable and oppressive place led by the cruel Miss Trunchbull (Addie Hoffmann).
However, Matilda discovers an ally in her kind and gentle teacher, Miss Honey (Reese Hoffmann).
Due to an overwhelming sense of justice, Matilda bravely decides to take a stand for what is right and teach Trunchbull a lesson she will not forget. Her courageous belief in doing what is right ends with miraculous results for Matilda.
Matilda the Musical is an incredible musical tale of an extraordinary girl who discovers her superpower and finds the remarkable courage, against all odds, to help others change their stories as she also takes charge of her own destiny.
With director Geri Pelzel and vocal director Rachel Moldan, Gary Sassenberg and Amy Bohnen as choreographers and an outstanding cast and crew, Matilda the Musical promises to be a show that no one should miss.
Performances are 7:30 p.m. Friday, November 18 and Saturday, November 19 and 2 p.m. Sunday, November 20 at St. Mary’s Catholic School, Sleepy Eye.
Reserved seating is available from November 1-19 by calling the school office 507-794-4121 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Prices for reserved seating are $10 for adults, $7 ages 13-18 and $6 preschool-age 12.
Reserved tickets must be picked up at St. Mary’s School Office prior to the performances. General admission tickets are also available at each performance; tickets are $9 adults, $6 ages 13-18, and $5 preschool-age 12.
• Matilda – Natalie Fischer
• Miss Trunchbull- Addie Hoffmann Miss Honey- Reese Hoffmann
• Mr. Wormwood- John Miller
• Mrs. Wormwood- Abby Schwartz Michael Wormwood-
Owen Weiss Mrs. Phelps- Alexa Pelzel
• Rudolpho- CJ Surprenant
• Cook- Conner Kyllonen
• Cake eating Bruce- Charlie Hoffmann Doctor- CJ Surprenant
• School Kids: Lavender- Kylie Pelzel Britta- Addie Hoffmann
Tracy- Samantha Ibberson Amanda- Olivia Schieffert Alice-
Bella Hoffmann Hortensia- Josie Helget Julia- Morgan Mathiowetz
Erica- Amelia Schwartz Nora- Kailey Nelson
• Gymnast: Millie Lax
• Children’s entertainer: Charlie Hoffmann
• Russians: Jack Windschitl, Santi Martinez
• Doctors and Nurses: Riley Rutscher, Conner Kyllonen, Eva
• Schweiss, Lucia Martinez, Kiauna Suess, Macy Wagner,
• Parents: Alexa Pelzel, Jack Windschitl, Ethan Schwartz,
Kiara Murphy, Elizabeth Currans, Owen Weiss.
• When I Grow Up Ensemble: Nora Hoffmann, Nell Weiss,
Grace Hoffmann, Santi Martinez, Aiden Grausam, Brylee
Hansen, Taylor Mathiowetz, Eva Schweiss
• School Song Ensemble: Nell Weiss, Ethan Schwartz, William
Murphy, Elizabeth Currans, Kiara Murphy, Brynne Ibberson
• Revolting Children Ensemble: Ethan Schwartz, Jack Windschitl,
Brynne Ibberson, Charlie Hoffmann, Elizabeth Currans
• Technicians: Jasmine Petermann, Ella Pollard, Tyler Mathiowetz,
McCoy Marti, Jaylen Sellner, Lacey Mathiowetz.