Renville County offers COVID vaccination clinic
RENVILLE COUNTY — Beginning Monday, March 22 at 9 a.m., residents up to Phase 1b, Tiers 2 and 3 can schedule an appointment to receive their COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday, March 25.
The clinic will run 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Government Services Center in Olivia. The type of COVID-19 vaccine provided is Moderna.
Appointments will be taken online only on a first come, first serve basis at www.renvillecountymn.com.
Residents in these tiers may register for this clinic. By registering for this clinic, residents attest that they meet the eligibility criteria.
• Minnesotans aged 65 or older
• Health care workers and people working at health care facilities, first responders who provide direct patient care as part of the EMS system, and primary caregivers for people with complex medical needs or disabilities
• Long-term care residents and staff members at long-term care facilities in Minnesota
• Pre-kindergarten through Adult Basic and Community Education school staff members, or contracted school staff members, at schools in Minnesota
• Child care staff members at licensed and certified child care centers or programs in Minnesota
• People with specific underlying health conditions:
• Sickle cell disease, Down Syndrome, or oxygen-dependent chronic lung or heart conditions, and those who are in active cancer treatment or immunocompromised from organ transplant
• Targeted essential workers
• Food processing plants
• People with rare conditions or disabilities that put them at higher risk
• People age 45 and older with ONE or more underlying medical conditions; or, age 16 and over with TWO or more underlying medical conditions.
• People 50+ in multi-generational housing
• Essential frontline workers
• Agricultural, airport staff, additional child care workers not previously eligible, correctional settings, first responders, food production, food retail, food service, judicial system workers, manufacturing, public health workers, public transit, Postal Service workers
*Underlying Medical Conditions:
• Active cancer
• Chronic kidney disease
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Diabetes – Type 1 or 2
• Down Syndrome
• Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
• Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant, HIV, bone marrow disease, chronic steroids for more than 30 days, immunodeficiency disease, or taking immunosuppressive medications
• Obesity – body mass index (BMI) greater than 30 kg/m2
• Sickle cell disease
Please share this information with your community members to help spread the word. Additional clinics will be scheduled as more vaccine becomes available. Stay tuned for more information.
To receive future vaccine clinic updates directly to your cell phone or email, register for the CodeRed Emergency Notification Service at www.renvillecountymn.com/sheriff.