Off the Shelf: Library reopening continues
As vaccinations continue and it gets a little safer to be out and among groups, New Ulm Public Library will continue to add back services and library amenities for our patrons.
As of May 19, we added more chairs and tables for you to sit and relax. We have reopened more computer stations as well. The outdoor book drop is now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As of May 28, we do not have any capacity restrictions in the building or on groups meeting in our meeting room. Building and computer time limits are also lifted.
As of June 1, the library will reopen for our full hours, which are Monday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. We’re excited to offer the following services:
• Contactless pickup will continue indefinitely. If you’d like to set up a contactless pickup, call us at 507-359-8331.
• The free magazine exchange will also resume. Please only donate magazines that are from the last three months, as our space is limited.
• Keurig coffee will be available for $1 for one 12 oz. cup.
• All library entrances will be unlocked during our operating hours, and patrons may use the book drop that is located at the library service desk.
• The children’s department will add back chairs, tables, and computers. We are currently holding off on reintroducing toys to the children’s room.
Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear a mask if they are not vaccinated, but masks are not required in the library.
Our adult programming is moving back to mostly in-person and our Summer Reading Program starts Monday, June 14. Visit www.newulmlibrary.org and click on Library Events to check out what’s happening at the library this summer.
Don’t forget that we have a variety of instruments, games, activities, and more in our Library of Things. Consider checking out our bean bag toss or disc golf games for your next barbecue. Visit www.newulmlibrary.org and click on Library Catalog to see the full list of Things available for checkout.
From June 1 through June 30, weather permitting, we’ll be holding a Sidewalk Book Sale on the west side of the library near the outdoor book drop. The book sale will run while the library is open, so come and browse Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. We are currently working through our used book inventory and are not able to accept any book or other material donations at this time due to space constraints. Watch for future updates about when we may resume accepting book donations.
We hope you’ll stop by the library this summer. We’re excited to welcome you back!