Off the Shelf: Welcome to your library
National Library Week will take place this year from April 4 – 10. It is a national observance, first sponsored in 1958, by the American Library Association and libraries across the country every April. It’s a wonderful time to celebrate the contributions of libraries and library staff and to promote library use and support. This celebration occurs in all types of libraries whether they are school, public, academic or special.
During the pandemic, library workers continue to exceed their communities’ needs and adapt resources and services to meet their patrons’ wishes during these challenging times. Whether people visit in person or virtually, libraries offer endless opportunities to transform lives through education and lifelong learning.
There are many ways you can celebrate National Library Week this year:
1. Visit the New Ulm Public Library online and check out e-books and e-audiobooks through Overdrive. You can find a plethora of titles through The Libby App by Overdrive any time of day.
2. Follow the New Ulm Public Library on social media and share what you love about the resources and services available through the hashtag #MyLibraryIs You can also post about an e-book, audiobook, virtual storytime or bookclub, or how your library has made a difference while you’ve been social distancing at home under the same hashtag.
3. Check out the programming that is available on our social media and the Events Calendar on the library’s website newulmlibrary.org
4. Become a member of the Friends of the New Ulm Public Library to show your support. Visit www.newulmlibrary.org for more information.
5. Share your love of reading with family and friends.
As always, we look forward to seeing you in the library soon!