Park & Rec Report
The New Ulm Recreation Reopening – We are excited to announce that Governor Walz’s Executive Order allows us to re-open the Rec Center on Saturday, Dec. 19 under the following conditions:
1. Masks must be worn at all times, including during exercise
2. Self screening before entering is required and if you answer yes to any of the questions, do not enter building
3. Members must check in at the Welcome desk prior to exercising
4. 12 feet physical distance required when exercising and 6 feet during all other times
5. Please utilize our sanitation wipes to disinfect equipment before and after each use
6. No socializing; limit time in building to exercise only
7. Use of 1 machine at a time; no circuits
8. Water fountains will remain turned off, except for bottle filling stations. Please bring your own water bottle.
9. No group fitness classes are allowed at this time
10. No sports are allowed at this time (youth or adult)
Building hours will be as follows:
Dec. 19-20 7 a.m.-12 p.m.
Dec. 21-23 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
Dec. 24 5 a.m.-12 p.m.
Dec. 26-27 7 a.m.-12 p.m.
Dec. 28-30 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
Dec. 31 5 a.m.-12 p.m.
Jan. 1 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Jan. 2-3 7 a.m.-12 p.m.
Emails were sent out to our active members with options for their memberships. Please watch for that email and instructions on what to do next. You may click on the link provided to read the full guidance provided by the MN Department of Health: COVID-19 Gyms, Studios, Fitness Centers and Similar Facilities under Executive Order 20-103 (mn.gov)
Civic Center will remain closed until Jan. 4.
The Community Center is closed to the general public, but available for private rentals with conditions. Meals on Wheels and takeout meals are operating. Call 359-2243 for delivery or reserve a meal for pick up.
Memorial/Gift Giving Ideas — purchase one or more paver stone(s) with your inscription(s), in the walkways near Hermann Monument and/or German Park for $200 each, contact the Park & Rec office at 359-8344. Park or trail benches range in price from $1,500 to $3,500 each, call 359-8344.
Email List — review Park and Recreation Commissioner discussion items by subscribing to the meetings through E-Updates. To subscribe, simply go to https://cityofnewulm.civicweb.net/Portal/Subscribe.aspx and check the box next to Park and Recreation Commission, enter email and complete verification code. The next time an update is made, you will receive a notification directly to your email’s inbox.
We will continue to communicate with the Public via Facebook, The Journal and KNUJ.