(October 26, 30, 2012)
NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION
To the voters of West Newton Township, Nicollet County Minnesota. Notice is hereby given that the General Election will be held on Tuesday, the 6th day of November, 2012 at the St. George Parish Center. The polls will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Bonnie M. Brandel, Clerk/Treas
West Newton Township
Nicollet County MN
(October 30, November 4, 6, 13, 20, 27, 2012)
NOSBUSH FARM SALE
DECEMBER 1, 2012
The sale to be held at Old St. George School/Church Gymnasium
63105 Fort Road, New Ulm, Mn 56073
at 11:00 a.m.
That portion of the following described property lying East of County Road 59; The N 1/2 of the SE 1/4 and Government Lots 9 and 16, all in Section 19, Township 111 North of Range 31 West and Lots 10 and 11 in Section 19, Township 111 North of Range 31 West, except the following two parcels: 1) beginning at a point on the west line of Lot 10 of said Section, Township and Range, 422 feet south of the northwest corner of said Lot 10; thence south on said west line 78.65 feet thence south 40 degrees 33 minutes west 124.45 feet; thence south 45 degrees 43 minutes east 114 feet to the west line of said Lot 10; thence south 57 degrees 28 minutes east 143.5 feet; thence north 79 degrees 8 minutes east 77.2 feet to the west line of highway; thence along said west line north 14 degrees 52 minutes west 411.25 feet; thence south 47 degrees 59 minutes west 123.4 feet to the point of beginning; containing 1.35 acres, more or less; and 2) commencing 84 chains and 50 links west of the quarter post between sections numbered 19 and 20 of said Township and Range; thence south 3 chains and 55 lengths; thence south 86 1/2 degrees west 15 chains and 55 links; thence north 4 chains and 45 links; thence east 15 chains and 50 links to the place of beginning, all in West Newton Township, Nicollet County, Minnesota. 191 acres more or less.
1. Only those submitting a bid will be allowed admission to the sale.
2. Bids will be received at 99 Navaho Avenue, Suite 104, Mankato, MN 56001 until 5:00 p.m. on November 29, 2012. Bids may also be submitted on the day of the sale until commencement of the sale at 11:00 a.m. on December 1, 2012.
3. Each bid must be in writing and state the full amount of the bid. All bids shall be accompanied by a Cashier's Check made payable to Kennedy & Kennedy Law Office Trust Account in the amount of $20,000.00.
4. All persons submitting bids are entitled to be present and will have an opportunity to increase their bid. The seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids, to waive any formalities or irregularities in the sale process, and to control all rules and procedures of the sale.
1. The successful bidder must enter into an earnest money contract at the conclusion of the bidding on December1, 2012. At that time 10% of the purchase price will be due as earnest money with the $20,000.00 applied to this earnest money requirement. The balance of the price will be due and payable by certified check no later than December 31, 2012 the date of closing.
2. Seller shall pay all real estate taxes payable in 2012 and prior years; purchaser shall pay all real estate taxes payable in the year 2013 and thereafter.
3. Property is being sold in and "AS IS" condition. The property will not be surveyed and will be sold using the boundary lines established by practical location.
4. Warranty Deed delivered by seller shall be subject to easements, agreements, and restrictions of record, if any.
5. Checks for unsuccessful bidders will be returned immediately after the auction.
6. The described property is being sold pursuant to stipulation of the Nosbush Family under Order and supervision of the Nicollet County Court, Michael H. Kennedy, Court Appointed Referee.
For further information, contact Michael H. Kennedy, Kennedy & Kennedy in Mankato at (507)345-4582
(October 23, 30, 2012)
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF BROWN
FIFTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No. PR-12-929
In Re: Estate Of Wilbert W. Haala, Sr., Decedent.
NOTICE OF AND ORDER FOR HEARING ON PETITION FOR FORMAL PROBATE OF WILL AND APPOINTMENT OF PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE, AND NOTICE TO CREDITORS
It is Ordered and Notice is given that on November 28, 2012 at 11:30 a.m. a hearing will be held in this Court at the Brown County Courthouse, 14 South State Street, New Ulm, Minnesota 56073-0248, for the formal probate of an instrument purporting to be the decedent's Will dated January 18, 2006, and for the appointment of Thomas Haala, whose address is 6117 Galway Bay Dr, Madison Lake, Minnesota 56063, as personal representative of the estate of the decedent in an unsupervised administration.
Any objections to the petition must be raised at the hearing or filed with the Court prior to the hearing. If the petition is proper and no objections are filed or raised, the personal representative will be appointed with the full power to administer the estate, including the power to collect all assets; to pay all legal debts, claims, taxes, and expenses; sell real and personal property; and to do all necessary acts for the estate.
Notice is also given that, subject to Minn. Stat. 524.3-801, all creditors having claims against the decedent's estate are required to present the claims to the personal representative or to the Court within four (4) months after the date of this notice or the claims will be barred.
BY THE COURT
October 17, 2012
/s/ Robert Docherty
Judge of District Court
October 17, 2012
Court administrator - Deputy
Robert D. Hinnenthal (MN# 45366)
Berens, Rodenberg & O'Connor, Chtd.
519 Center Street
P.O. Box 428
New Ulm, MN 56073-0428
Facsimile: (507) 354-7297
PUBLISH (October 30, 2012)
RIVER BEND EDUCATION DISTRICT
1315 S. Broadway
New Ulm, Minnesota 56073
SYNOPSIS OF BOARD MINUTES
September 25, 2012
Members present: Peterson, Remus, Ness, Gramentz, Karl
Members absent: Firchau, Weikle, Kunz
Chairperson Peterson called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Motion by Karl, second by Remus to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried.
Motion by Remus, second by Gramentz to approve the August 28, 2012 minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Motion by Gramentz, second by Kunz to approve the bills paid as listed by the August 2012 wire payments and September 2012 check registers and wire payments. Motion carried.
Director Toninato updated the Board on River Bend programs and services.
Motion by Remus, second by Karl to approve the following fundraisers to benefit the ALC:
Redemption Program (student activity fund)
Big Book Blitz - Halloween/Fall Extravaganza (student activity fund)
Scholastic Book Fair (ALC program)
Apple Pie and Apple Crisp sales (student activity fund)
Apple Pie/Apple Crisp social (student activity fund)
Apple sales (student activity fund)
Root Beer Float social (student activity fund)
Ice Cream Sundae Social (student activity fund)
Caramel Apple social (student activity fund)
Valentines Day Crush and candies (student activity fund)
Valentines Datamatch (student activity fund)
Clothing Orders (student activity fund)
Holiday (Christmas) candy canes and Little Debbie sales (student activity fund). Motion carried.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 p.m. The next meeting of the River Bend Education District Board will be October 23, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.