New Ulm Police
• Received a report of a theft in excess of $1,000 of meat from Cash Wise Foods, 1220 Westridge Rd., at 3:02 p.m. Monday. A similar incident occurred last week and was reported Monday. An investigation is ongoing.
• Arrested an individual on charge of driving while intoxicated 8:51 p.m. Monday on Broadway Street South and 10th Street South. The New Ulm Police Department responded after receiving a driving complaint.
McLeod County Sheriff
• Assisted The National Weather Service at 10:55 a.m. Monday with assessing the damage in the county from the tornado touchdowns. Several possible tornadoes were reported in Minnesota Sunday with a reported tornado touchdown near Biscay at 3:16 p.m. Trees, powerlines and outbuildings were reported damaged near Biscay.
• Responded to a report of suspicious items found in the area of 30th Street and Pilot Avenue, south of Brownton 11:50 a.m. Monday. The case is still under investigation.
• Responded to an alarm on 11th Street East in Glencoe 2:42 p.m. Monday. As a result, Reed Polzin, 37, Hutchinson, was arrested on charge of disorderly conduct and fifth degree assault. The deputies cleared with reports.
• Responded to a one-vehicle accident 7:48 p.m. Monday after a car struck a deer on York Road northwest of Hutchinson. There were no injuries. The deputies cleared with reports.
• Observed a suspicious vehicle in the area of 160th Street and Vale Avenue at 7:59 p.m. Monday, southwest of Hutchinson. One juvenile was issued a citation. The deputy cleared with a report.
• Assisted the Lester Police with an assault on 2nd Avenue North in Lester Prairie at 11:42 p.m. Monday. The deputy cleared with a report.