Brown County Sheriff
• Responded to a two-vehicle crash without injuries at the intersection of CXR 13 and Cr 22 north of Hanska at 1:56 p.m. Monday. A 1980 Ford semi driven by Wayne Rossbach, rural Hanska collied with a 2017 Ford Fusion driven by Lyla Klee, rural Hanska. Damage was moderate to the Ford and light to the semi.
New Ulm Police
• Received a juvenile trouble call from Broadway and 21st Street North at 4:21 p.m. Monday. A six-year-old boy walked away from home. He was seen about a mile away by a boy passing by who called police. The mother of the six-year-old was located. She allowed the child to continue walking to his grandpa’s house. A report will be send to Brown County Human Services.
• Received a theft report from Freedom Valu Center, 627 Minnesota St. N. at 9:54 a.m. Tuesday. A 44-year-old New Ulm man is suspected of stealing a $10.78 bottle of Banana Boat suntan oil, then trying to return it for cash at the store. The man was located at his residence.
• Responded to a driving complaint Monday at 1:51 a.m. in the area of Highway 7 and Falcon Avenue east of Silver Lake. Marin Carlos Maldonado, 21, of Hutchinson, was arrested on a probable cause charge of DWI and transported to McLeod County Jail in Glencoe. Deputies cleard with reports.
• Reponded to a three-vehicle accident Monday at 2:45 p.m. in the area of Highway 7 and Babcock Avenue, north of Lester Prairie. Vehicle one is a 2004 GMC Sierra driven by David Proffitt, 45, of Winsted. Vehicle two is a 2010 Mazda A6S driven by Kari Proffitt, 47, of Winsted. Vehicle three is a 2005 Chevrolet Classic driven by Paul Litzau, 50, of Glencoe. One individual was transported to Waconia Hospital. Also responding were Lester Prairie Police, Minnesota State Patrol, Ridgeview Ambulance, Silver Lake Ambulance and Lester Prairie Fire Department. Deputies cleared with a Minnesota State Accident report.
• Responded to an abandoned vehicle report Monday at 7:11 p.m. on Oday Avenue northeast of Hutchinson. The vehicle was abandoned and a tow was requested. The deputy cleared without a report.