SPRINGFIELD - The Springfield Public School was evacuated this morning after some students fell ill. Police were called at 9:42 a.m. after a couple of students reportedly fell ill in the school auditorium from a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
The entire school was evacuated, and students and staff were taken to the Springfield Community Center, where students were to be picked up by parents.
Several students were taken by ambulance to the Mayo Clinic Health Center in Springfield. Their conditions were not known.
The Springfield Fire Department and a crew from Center Point Energy were checking the building to make sure all students were out, and to find the source of the leak.