ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Two brothers were rescued from the upper floor of a St. Paul duplex in a fire that was fueled by cylinders of gas, oxygen and other accelerants.
Authorities say the two were taken to Regions Hospital where one man is in critical condition and the other in serious condition.
Fire officials tell the St. Paul Pioneer Press (http://bit.ly/1o0Wfr6 ) that back of the duplex and a nearby garage were engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Monday. Flammables in the garage set off small explosions as the fire burned. Firefighters found an exploded gas cylinder across the street from the duplex.
Three people who lived downstairs weren't home when the fire broke out.
Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com