NEW ULM - Florence W. Arras, 97, of New Ulm, died Monday, July 29, 2013 at the Oak Hills Living Center in New Ulm.
Funeral service will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, August 3, at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in New Ulm with Pastor Donald Sutton officiating. Burial will follow in the Lutheran Cemetery in New Ulm.
Visitation will be 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Minnesota Valley Funeral Home, NORTH CHAPEL in New Ulm is in charge of arrangements.
To sign the guest book or to leave an online condolence for her family go to: www.mvfh.org.
Florence is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Thomas and Beth Arras of Brown Deer, Wisconsin; grandsons, Michael (Bobbi) Arras of Grand Rapids, Michigan, David Arras of Baudette, and Jason (Ann) Arras of Shakopee; great-granddaughters, Alyse and Charley Arras; brother and sister-in-law, Ivan (Carolyn) Raddatz of New Ulm; brother-in-law, Eugene (Doris) Plate of Green Bay, Wisconsin; and many nieces; and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Professor William Arras on August 14, 2011; sisters, Lorraine Plate and Lois Raddatz.
Florence W. Raddatz was born April 15, 1916 in Clements to Louis and Frieda (Klause) Raddatz. She attended Dr. Martin Luther College in New Ulm. After graduation, Florence moved to Green Lake, Wisconsin where she took on her first teaching assignment. On June 19, 1939, Florence was united in marriage to William Arras at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Clements. Following her marriage, she supported her husband and church by continuing to teach in the WELS Michigan schools in Sebewaing, Bay City, Monroe, and Saginaw. In 1969, Florence and her family moved back to New Ulm, and she began working at the D.M.L.C. library. Florence enjoyed birds, nature and reading, but her greatest pleasure came from her family and faith. She was very family oriented and always supported her husband, William. She also took great pride in her faithfulness to the church. Florence was a member of St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in New Ulm.