New Ulm Police
• Received a report about a single-vehicle crash without injuries at 4:48 p.m. Monday at Garden Street North and U.S. Highway 14. A 2006 Honda Civic driven by Emory T. Moody, III, 52, New Ulm, was westbound, lost control, hit a snowbank on the north side of the road and became hung up in the snow.
• Received a report about a two-vehicle crash without injuries at 3rd North and Minnesota Street at 2:27 p.m. Monday. A 2019 Ford Escape driven by Samantha M. Kohn, 19, Courtland, was unable to stop on ice and hit the passenger side of a 2005 Dodge Ram driven by Jamie C. Johnson, 39, New Ulm. Damage was moderate to the front end of the Ford and moderate to the passenger side of the Dodge.
• Received a report about a two-vehicle crash at 3rd North and Minnesota Street at 2:18 p.m. Monday. A 1998 Ford F 150 driven by Gary A. Maidl, 58, New Ulm, was southbound on Minnesota Street when it was hit by a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Maria G. Rodriguez, 47, Madelia, who was eastbound and could not stop on ice. Damage was moderate to the passenger side of the Ford and minor to the front end of the Chevy.
• Received a report about a two-vehicle crash at Hwy 14 and Jacobs Street on Monday at 12:58 p.m.. A 2000 Chevy Impala driven by Ashley Culver, 17, of 21286 250th St., New Ulm, was eastbound on Highway 14 when she rear-ended a 2003 Cadillac Escalade driven by Guadalupe Espino, 30, of 2001 N. Broadway, who was stopped at a red light. There was moderate damage to both vehicles.
• Received a report about a one-vehicle crash at North Highland and Oak Streets on Tuesday at 1:0 p.m. Laura Lee Seidl, 41, of Gibbon, was northbound in a 2008 Ford Focus on North Highland near Oak Street. She lost control on a curve in the road and struck a light pole. The car was totaled.
• Received a report about a two-vehicle crash with injuries at 2:17 p.m. Monday on State Highway 60 east of State Highway 4, St. James Township, Watonwan County. A 2014 Freightliner semi driven by Ricky A. Anderson, 63, Red Wing, was westbound on Highway 60 when the wind pulled over a median, hitting a 2012 Subaru Outback driven by Cindy L. Storm, 65, Sioux City, Iowa. Storm was transported to Mayo Clinic Health System, St. James with non-life threatening injuries. Anderson was not injured. Alcohol was not involved.
• Received a report about a two-vehicle crash with injuries on snow and ice east of Gaylord on CR 13, Dryden Township, Sibley County. A 2013 Ford Escape driven by Calvin K. Quast, 61, Gaylord, was northbound on CR 13, trying to cross State Highway 19 when he collided with a 2000 Nissan Maxima driven by Eric D. Greenslade, 42, Lakeville. A passenger in the Ford, Lois L. Quast, 83, Gaylord, was transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The drivers and Lois Quast all wore seat belts. Gaylord Fire & Ambulance assisted.