• Responded with the Courtland Fire Department and Allina Medical to 317 Zimmerman Road, Courtland, for a crash at 11:30 a.m. June 4. The sheriff’s office was told a woman was run over by her minivan. Suzanne Zimmerman, 73, tried to get back into her minivan when it began rolling back. In an attempt to stop it, she was knocked down by the driver’s door. The left front tire ran over her right leg, breaking it.
Zimmerman was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis by North Memorial Air Ambulance with serious but not life-threatening injuries. The Minnesota State Patrol assisted.
New Ulm Police, New Ulm, Courtland Fire
• Responded to a fire call at the compost site, 214 21st St. N. Three active fires were found in the wood pile area. New Ulm and Courtland firefighters were on scene for about 3 1/2 hours. No property loss or injuries were reported.
New Ulm Police
• Received a vandalism report at a Lincoln Park lavatory, 715 State St. N. at 9:31 p.m. June 3. Officers talked to three juvenile suspects. No damage estimate was available. A report was sent to the Brown County Attorney’s Office for charge consideration.
• Received a vandalism report at B&J Laundromat, LLC, 506 Center St. at 1:50 p.m. June 4. About $100 in change was taken from a vending machine. Damage to the vending machine was estimated at $85. Still photos of a suspect will be posted on the New Ulm Police Dept. Facebook site.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Received a report of medications stolen from Countryside Retirement Community, 1100 1st Ave. S. at 5:23 p.m. June 4. An value estimate of the medications was not available.
• Received a burglary report at Family Dollar Store, 617 E. Main St. at 10:28 p.m. June 4. There was no forced entry. No further information was available. Police are investigating the report.
• Received a criminal damage to property report at 800 Water St. S.W. at 11:05 p.m. June 4. A garage door was damaged when a vehicle was moved out of the garage. Police are investigating the report.
• Received a 911 call reporting a two-vehicle crash on County Road 12 near the intersection of 810th Avenue, about three miles southeast of Sacred Heart at 1:24 p.m., June 1. At the scene, responders located a 2007 Volvo semi-tractor pulling a belly dump trailer loaded with sand and a 1977 John Deere tractor pulling a gravity wagon loaded with soybeans. Both drivers exited their vehicles and were treated for minor injuries on scene.
Both vehicles were northbound on CR 12 when Berglund, driving the semi, attempted to pass the tractor, crossed the center line and entered the ditch with Bozich. Both vehicles came to a rest in a wetland and were partially submerged. It was also learned that the semi’s diesel fuel tanks were punctured and leaking.
The sheriff’s office coordinated with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) for a cleanup response. The crash remains under investigation. Renville Ambulance and the Sacred Heart Medical Response Unit assisted.