New Ulm Police
• Conducted a traffic stop at the intersection of U.S. Highway 14 and Nicollet County Road 37 at 1:34 a.m. May 14. A 42-year-old Fresno, Ca. man was taken into custody on suspicion of Driving While Intoxicated and processed at the Brown County Law Enforcement Center.
• Received a strange driving complaint at 2700 S. Broadway at 1:54 p.m. Police are contacting the New Ulm City Attorney’s Office to determine if charges will be made.
Sibley County Sheriff
• Responded to an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) crash near County Road 11, a mile south of Green Isle at 2:17 p.m. May 13. A juvenile was operating a 2007 Yamaha Rhino side by side when it rolled along a driveway. Brian L. Buckentin, 56, Green Isle, and two juveniles were transported by Arlington Ambulance to Ridgeview Sibley Medical Center. Buckentin was later flown by North Memorial Air Care to Hennepin County Medical Center in serious condition. The juveniles had minor injuries. Green Isle firefighters and Ridgeview paramedics assisted on scene.
• Responded to a one-vehicle crash at 4:28 p.m. May 3 on County Road 9, just south of 70th Street, seven miles north of Arlington. A 2004 Chevrolet Classic driven by Vanessa M. Godinez, 28, Arlington, was not injured. A passenger, Osbaldo Cardoza, 26, Arlington, had minor injuries and was transported by private party to Ridgeview Sibley Medical Center. The vehicle had moderate damage. The Minnesota State Patrol assisted on scene.
Sleepy Eye Police
• Received a report of the theft of prescription medications at the Sleepy Eye Care Center, 1105 3rd Ave. S.W. No further information was available.
• Received a report of the theft of scrap metal from a trailer parked at 401 Walnut St. S.E. sometime between May 10 and May 14. The amount and value of the stolen metal was not available.